Bane of the Boater or Arachnid Allies?

bagginz

Featured Posts

I'm not keen as I worry they'll run up my trouser keg, but realise how good they are to have around. Consequently, I catch the few we get on our boat and trim down their legs on one side only, so we always know where they are...  within a given radius. ;)

Edited by Sea Dog
Remove a spare word.

Fascinating watching the false widow spiders that come out in the evening in front of the cratch (oops - apple’s autocorrect just changed that to ‘crotch’).

Some monsters too so they must do ok.

Last time we went to the boat there were half a dozen carcasses suspended by cobweb in the window so I guess their indoor relations were doing their job.

Edited by dor

This summer past I accidentally left the engine room light on with the hatch open in the evening.   By the time I discovered it and closed up, the light had attracted a huge cloud of tiny midges/fruit flies inside, which then dissipated off around the boat.  Doh! 

A couple of days later I discovered hundreds of full dried-out little husks caught in two spider's webs at the top of one of the bus windows. 

Got most of them I reckon.

Edited by bagginz