Webasto Thermotop C Start-up Problem

Motters79

Featured Posts

19 hours ago, Tonka said:

try running it without the silencer and if it is similar to the 2 units i have had a silencer fitted. When i start up the unit in the phase when it goes from slow up to full speed i get a noise coming from the unit about half way up the cycle. If i remove the silencer i do not get it. Don't know what the cause is but it even did it on a new unit.

Ah that's an idea! I hadn't suspected the silencer  could actually be making the noise. Talk about counter intuitive ?

I shall try it and report back.

Thanks 

Ok. It's not working again.

It's behaving like it did when the relay had become unplugged, so opened up the relay. It's not operating. Its fully plugged in but the contacts dont close when I switch on so there will be no power to the glow plug hence it fails almost immediately.

Is this likely to be the fault of the relay? Could it have been damaged when it was partially plugged in (it basically had come slightly adrift but after I fixed that the unit did fire up a few times).

I thought about manually closing the contacts but decided against that in case it caused any damage. 

Any ideas?

• 1 year later...