Can I visit my boat to winterise it?

Featured Posts

2 minutes ago, MartynG said:

Being in a former tier 3 area adjacent a tier 2 area  I thought tier 3 was  worse than the present lockdown due to the travel restrictions between areas of different tiers .

Why is that worse than the current can't travel anywhere?

6 minutes ago, MartynG said:

Being in a former tier 3 area adjacent a tier 2 area  I thought tier 3 was  worse than the present lockdown due to the travel restrictions between areas of different tiers .

I am only going on what our lovable PM said on TV a little while ago when asked what came after lockdown.   Words to the effect of back to the 3 tiers but they were being toughened, as they weren't working.

OK I am to a certain extend guessing but it is illogical to prevent people travelling from a tier 3 if you allow day trips to a tier 3 (or even short stays.  I I think you will find travel restrictions are still in place if not increased.

29 minutes ago, Jerra said:

I am only going on what our lovable PM said on TV a little while ago when asked what came after lockdown.   Words to the effect of back to the 3 tiers but they were being toughened, as they weren't working.

OK I am to a certain extend guessing but it is illogical to prevent people travelling from a tier 3 if you allow day trips to a tier 3 (or even short stays.  I I think you will find travel restrictions are still in place if not increased.

Based on the published guidance you can not travel in or out of a tier 3 area, apart from work, education etc.  Between tier 1 and 2 travel is fine, and you obey the higher tier’s rules.

1 hour ago, john6767 said:

Why is that worse than the current can't travel anywhere?

Where did you get that impression?

You can go where you like with an acceptable  excuse  and providing you don't say away from home overnight . 

I haven't been far  at all but my wife went 20 miles to meet our daughter at a park for a walk . No problem.

Edited by MartynG

1 hour ago, john6767 said:

Based on the published guidance you can not travel in or out of a tier 3 area, apart from work, education etc.  Between tier 1 and 2 travel is fine, and you obey the higher tier’s rules.

No guessing please...

20201123_220627.jpg

20201123_220641.jpg

...and the lowest one....

Nowhere does it say you CANNOT travel.

36 minutes ago, MartynG said:

Where did you get that impression?

You can go where you like with an acceptable  excuse  and providing you don't say away from home overnight . 

I haven't been far  at all but my wife went 20 miles to meet our daughter at a park for a walk . No problem.

Yes that is acceptable how, and I guess depending on tiers may not be.  It is the excuse, which for most unless it is work, exercise or shopping, which if you don’t have then you can not leave the house.  If I am reading what is available correctly under the new scheme you do not need an excuse to leave the house.

18 minutes ago, matty40s said:

No guessing please...

20201123_220627.jpg

20201123_220641.jpg

...and the lowest one....

Nowhere does it say you CANNOT travel.

Tier 3 says to avoid traveling outside the area.  If they choose not put that in the legislation, you could take the view to ignore it, so we will need to see I guess.

11 hours ago, john6767 said:

Yes that is acceptable how, and I guess depending on tiers may not be.  It is the excuse, which for most unless it is work, exercise or shopping, which if you don’t have then you can not leave the house.  If I am reading what is available correctly under the new scheme you do not need an excuse to leave the house.

Tier 3 says to avoid traveling outside the area.  If they choose not put that in the legislation, you could take the view to ignore it, so we will need to see I guess.

It looks as if you live in a Tier 1 area and your boat is in a Tier 1 or 2 area then you can visit and stay over.

"if you live in a tier 1 area and travel to an area in a higher tier you should follow the rules for that area while you are there. Avoid travel to or overnight stays in tier 3 areas other than where necessary, such as for work, education, youth services, to receive medical treatment, or because of caring responsibilities. You can travel through a tier 3 area as part of a longer journey"

33 minutes ago, ditchcrawler said:

It looks as if you live in a Tier 1 area and your boat is in a Tier 1 or 2 area then you can visit and stay over.

"if you live in a tier 1 area and travel to an area in a higher tier you should follow the rules for that area while you are there. Avoid travel to or overnight stays in tier 3 areas other than where necessary, such as for work, education, youth services, to receive medical treatment, or because of caring responsibilities. You can travel through a tier 3 area as part of a longer journey"

As in "Shutdown 1" it is all 'SHOULD' "AVOID"  etc.

Why cannot the English Government have the balls to do what the other 3 countries in the UK have done and say "MUST", "REQUIRED" etc.

The transmission of C19 IS due to folks not following the GUIDANCE but guidance is simply that.

It will not be stopped until folks get told WHAT TO DO, and the rules are ENFORCED.

Rant over.

• Greenie 2

10 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

It will not be stopped until folks get told WHAT TO DO, and the rules are ENFORCED.

Rant over.

I think it's in the British nature to prefer being asked rather than told what to do.

But in any case, who will do the enforcement? Have we got enough police to do the job comprehensively? I suspect not. Should the Army be brought in to swell the ranks?

17 minutes ago, Athy said:

I think it's in the British nature to prefer being asked rather than told what to do.

But in any case, who will do the enforcement? Have we got enough police to do the job comprehensively? I suspect not. Should the Army be brought in to swell the ranks?

This wont and can't be enforced by the police - this is all by consent hence why the wording is 'asking' rather than stating. 

15 minutes ago, robtheplod said:

This wont and can't be enforced by the police - this is all by consent hence why the wording is 'asking' rather than stating. 

But if you do not do something that you are asked to do, then there is no penalty that can be applied. The time has to come when actions are 'required' or 'compulsory'.

If it is a legal requirement and you are told you must not / cannot do something then penalties can be applied.

It only takes a few example being made before the 'under average intelligence' people get the message.

Wales seems to be managing to stop English visitors and fineing them (obviously not all, as the borders are very porous), they are stopping and fineing people at raves, as well as the organisers.

The message does slowly get across.

• Greenie 4

19 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

But if you do not do something that you are asked to do, then there is no penalty that can be applied. The time has to come when actions are 'required' or 'compulsory'.

If it is a legal requirement and you are told you must not / cannot do something then penalties can be applied.

I think going down the compulsory route would be a mistake at this time, being so close to a vaccine. Enforcing travel restrictions with the police (roadblocks/checkpoints etc) will be too much for most to take and I don't think the Police themselves have any interest in arresting citizens for moving about in their own country.... I think 'being frowned' upon is enough for most - bit like smoking...

28 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

It only takes a few example being made before the 'under average intelligence' people get the message.

Wales seems to be managing to stop English visitors and fineing them (obviously not all, as the borders are very porous), they are stopping and fineing people at raves, as well as the organisers.

The message does slowly get across.

Handing out some £10000 fines for holding large house parties didn't seem to deter others and then they are good to challenge the find and go to court to get it means tested which will get it reduced.

There are too many people quick to shout about their rights, when the anti lockdown brigade were marching through Bristol the police just let them carry on as they didn't want any trouble.

Just now, Rob-M said:

There are too many people quick to shout about their rights, when the anti lockdown brigade were marching through Bristol the police just let them carry on as they didn't want any trouble.

Ridiculous, but true.

We all have rights but I'm not sure that those rights go as far as 'you can do what you want', even if it means infecting people with a potentially deadly disease.

Those people have rights also.

18 minutes ago, robtheplod said:

I don't think the Police themselves have any interest in arresting citizens for moving about in their own country....

Ao why do they take an interest when a car crops up in some areas registered well away from where it is now.  Don't bother answering as I know the answer - its to do with drug dealing.

However it does prove the point the police are interested in people moving around their own country.

No a big problem to check car numbers and where registered as they are already doing.

25 minutes ago, robtheplod said:

I think going down the compulsory route would be a mistake at this time, being so close to a vaccine.

Vaccines are on they way, but the advice seems to be that they won't have much impact this winter so we need to continue to manage the spread. 

• Greenie 1

1 hour ago, alias said:

Vaccines are on they way, but the advice seems to be that they won't have much impact this winter so we need to continue to manage the spread. 

Remember Non have passed the safety testing yet, Hopefully they will but the old saying, "Don't count your chickens"

3 hours ago, Alan de Enfield said:

As in "Shutdown 1" it is all 'SHOULD' "AVOID"  etc.

Why cannot the English Government have the balls to do what the other 3 countries in the UK have done and say "MUST", "REQUIRED" etc.

The transmission of C19 IS due to folks not following the GUIDANCE but guidance is simply that.

Rant over.

Its guidance that I quoted. The law may be different

1 hour ago, Jerra said:

Ao why do they take an interest when a car crops up in some areas registered well away from where it is now.  Don't bother answering as I know the answer - its to do with drug dealing.

However it does prove the point the police are interested in people moving around their own country.

No a big problem to check car numbers and where registered as they are already doing.

Do you think the Police are that bothered?  Enough to stop people?

Just now, robtheplod said:

Do you think the Police are that bothered?  Enough to stop people?

The did with the first lockdown and this is from the Welsh one https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8885385/English-police-Welsh-border-stop-20-drivers-day-fire-break-lockdown.html

• Greenie 1

9 minutes ago, ditchcrawler said:

But with the tiers going forward there are no large borders like this (applies to whole UK) - lots of segmented sections throughout the country - not easy to police. If you're going about your business and keeping to guidelines I can't believe the police will be interested.