What are the 5 most useless items?

Tracy D'arth

Featured Posts

Things that flew oof the roof when coming down The Trent:

Top half of the cat carrier

The diving' net, once I didn't have one, I stopped dropping stuff in the cut.

Nearly dry branxhes stored on the toof'

Things inside the boat, not used but too good to discard

My framed College Certificates,, and bronze engraved medals for being top of the class, a large framed print ( most now in bottom of wardrobe)

Electric whisk.

Smart TV

Clothes suitable for going to a funeral

Jeffries event saddle 

Edited by LadyG

11 minutes ago, LadyG said:

Jeffries event saddle 

Now that sounds like it could be really interesting. Does it come with a riding crop and spurs?   Is there a pommel?

Or better still, Jeffrey.

Basement.

Lift.

Well.

• Greenie 1

4 minutes ago, Tracy D'arth said:

Now that sounds like it could be really interesting. Does it come with a riding crop and spurs?   Is there a pommel?

Or better still, Jeffrey.

It's not Jeffrey's it's mine, it's a Jeffries, it has a pommel.

Edited by LadyG

1. Nappy pin piling hooks. Still in the cruising gear box. Not used since I purchased goat chains.
  2. Plastic clip together decking over the stern deck steel. All it did was bubble the paint and make the steel rust.
  3. A boarding plank. Used twice in thirteen years till it rotted away. Will probably still get another though.
  4. Microwave. Took it to the boat. Never used it once the gas stove was installed. Gave it to my folks after they destroyed theirs.
  5. Electric horn. First one died. Replaced with a harking horn type thing. Did fit a new electric one, but only ever used to check it still works.

Jen

Edited by Jen-in-Wellies
  • Greenie 1

A conservatory (but I do love winding up the sellers on the street)

Pvc double glazing (but I do love winding up the sellers on the street)

A hot tub (but I do love.........)

A landline phone

Patio doors (but I.......)

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, LadyG said:

Jeffries event saddle 

I sort of get why you wouldn’t want to get rid of that- I still have my now deceased horse’s bridle complete with Waterford gag bit that I can’t bear to part with. If you ever find yourself on the Erewash I can recommend a saddlery that could sell it for you. 

1 hour ago, LadyG said:

It's not Jeffrey's it's mine, it's a Jeffries, it has a pommel.

I've come over all feint. ...................................................................................................................................

55 minutes ago, Ally said:

A conservatory (but I do love winding up the sellers on the street)

Pvc double glazing (but I do love winding up the sellers on the street)

A hot tub (but I do love.........)

A landline phone

Patio doors (but I.......)

The salesdroids at our local shopping centre ask me who my electricity and gas suppliers are each time I go by, so I tell them.

• Haha 3

17 minutes ago, Jen-in-Wellies said:

The salesdroids at our local shopping centre ask me who my electricity and gas suppliers are each time I go by, so I tell them.

I love the cavity wall insulation guys, they just cannot understand anyone living in a "house" without a cavity wall. And the loft conversion muggers, well they just wilt under the onslaught.

If Crt change their terms and conditions to this:

D.1 The Licence fee grants permission for the licensed boat to be present on Trust owned or managed Waterways. The Licence is not a guarantee of access or availability of the waterway. Refunds of Licence fees will not be made for closures as described in this Condition D.

A licence??!!?

1 hour ago, cuthound said:

3.  Jolly Roger flag.

Sadly mine went in the bin last week - well, the stick and the tiny fragment of black flag which was all that was left of it.  Not bad for £2 from Leeds market three and a half years ago.

I'll have to get another one ...

• Horror 1

3 hours ago, Beo said:

I sort of get why you wouldn’t want to get rid of that- I still have my now deceased horse’s bridle complete with Waterford gag bit that I can’t bear to part with. If you ever find yourself on the Erewash I can recommend a saddlery that could sell it for you. 

I will probably give it to palace house re-training of racehorses in Newmarket. It's not doing any harm, I still have my racing bridle, and waffle rug, they  will find a home.