Photos on old mobile phones

jenevers

Featured Posts

USB cable in to a laptop, or other computer is the best bet. Does the phone still power up? Do you still have any pin number required? Phone type? Operating system? Most phones will act as thumb drives when connected to a Mac, Linux, or Windows computer, with various caveats, allowing you to copy some data, including photos.

Jen

8 minutes ago, BWM said:

You can email them to yourself as attachments if any of the above prove difficult, not the quickest way to do it but you will get full quality without compression of files.

Did that when I left my last job. The company owned mobile had 100s of my pictures on it. But the security software the company had installed prevented downloading files directly over USB cable or bluetooth. So in my last few weeks in the job I spent the train journey home sending myself emails. Found it easiest to turn data and wifi off while composing the emails, so it didn't keep hanging while trying to send messages, then leaving it to sort itself out once I was at home on wifi.

• Happy 1

If your phone still works and you have a laptop/PC computer then I would recomend a program/app called MyPhoneExplorer. It lets you look at all the files on your phone and transfer them to the laptop/PC (as well as doing other things). It connects using cable, wifi or bluetooth and once installed is very easy to use.