LPG generators

James H

Featured Posts

On 10/11/2020 at 14:27, BrandyMark said:

I use a Champion 8200 dual fuel inverter generator, only ever run it on LPG and lift it onto the canal side along with gas cylinder when in use (and only when away from other boats, houses etc.).  As a very rough estimate, I would say I get about 12 hours use from a 13kg bottle. I know you can convert any petrol generator to run on LPG but you will loose any warranty if you purchased say a new Honda. 

I use my generator to run the washing machine to avoid hammering the batteries - main engine and solar keeps my batteries topped up.

One further consideration for you: it is an hassle setting up the generator to run and if I ever purchase another boat with a washing machine, I would make sure it had a built in 240v power source i.e. travel power or diesel marine generator installed.

WOW! an actual answer to the OP's question.

I use the same geni and its just run out at 23 hours, that's running it at about 1000w via a multiplus or 75%

47 minutes ago, smiler said:

Just out of interest...

Do LPG generators run off a normal propane cylinder or from a cylinder with liquid take off pipe (as with LPG forklifts)?

Standard propane cylinder. We have 2x 13kg for cooking and 1x 13kg for geni