14 day rule suspended

noone

Featured Posts

I do not know why the 14 day rule has been suspended, though I believe there are no 'spotters' on the Chesterfield anyway.

It makes no sense to me, neither did the  ' no boat movement' in the orginal lockdown, as it had the wrong effect, getting large groups to congregate around services.

Explain to me (in scientific terms) how suspending boater movement every fourteen days going to stop the spread of infection?

I know the CRT monitors this site to get  some sense of boater thoughts, perhaps one will cross the Rubicon and tell us their thinking?

Edited by LadyG

Common sense would suggest CRT have only brought the rule in because the lockdown says (even for land dwellers) only essential movement.   By suspending the rule they can't be criticised for boaters not following the lockdown regs.

Some will manage to criticise whatever CRT chooses to do.

• Greenie 1

11 minutes ago, LadyG said:

I do not know why the 14 day rule has been suspended, though I believe there are no 'spotters' on the Chesterfield anyway.

It makes no sense to me, neither did the  ' no boat movement' in the orginal lockdown, as it had the wrong effect, getting large groups to congregate around services.

Explain to me (in scientific terms) how suspending boater movement every fourteen days going to stop the spread of infection?

I know the CRT monitors this site to get  some sense of boater thoughts, perhaps one will cross the Rubicon and tell us their thinking?

Because the Government said you shouldn't go on non essential journeys.

Whilst I was looking forward to going out on the boat tomorrow, and now all we are doing is winterising it, it is going to be hard for people stuck in one place at this time of year with the short days and cold outside.  Hang in there and see you the other side.

• Greenie 1

8 minutes ago, Jerra said:

Common sense would suggest CRT have only brought the rule in because the lockdown says (even for land dwellers) only essential movement.   By suspending the rule they can't be criticised for boaters not following the lockdown regs.

Some will manage to criticise whatever CRT chooses to do.

It's not up to the CRT to police what individuals decide to do, those who wwnt to cc should continue to do so, or buy a winter mooring,  which  brings us to 'running a business', for every Threat, there is an Opprtunity. CRT should be filling their boots with fully paid up Winter Moorings,

Obviously they don't mind me, as a  real cc boster criticising them, and I don't supose Boris or Dominic or dhoever is running the country gives a thought to what c moorers are doing tonight.

Edited by LadyG

22 minutes ago, LadyG said:

Be very cautious about that belief 

• Greenie 2

3 minutes ago, LadyG said:

It's not up to the CRT to police what individuals

You failed to notice I never said it was.   I said it was to prevent them being criticised.   It will also help them when the next go begging to the government they can say we did our best in the pandemic.

• Greenie 1

1 minute ago, haggis said:

If the law of the land says don't travel as moving from place to.place increases the risk of you taking covid from one place to another and starting a new outbreak, why should boaters be allowed to move ? Do you think boaters are different from other people and won't carry infection? 

Haggis

It is starting to look like the attitude that is getting more common.   I don't like the restrictions so I will do what I want.

• Greenie 1

17 minutes ago, haggis said:

If the law of the land says don't travel as moving from place to.place increases the risk of you taking covid from one place to another and starting a new outbreak, why should boaters be allowed to move ? Do you think boaters are different from other people and won't carry infection? 

Haggis

Yes, as a matter of fact I think it is highly unlikely that people who live on their boats are spreading disease the ones who are spreading disease are those who live reckless and chaotic lives, who mix in large groups, get drunk, dance in the streets and generally make no attempt to sanitise or stay at home.

It is up to individuals to keep within the government rules, the CRT are just another quango. I seem to remember not so long ago on this forum that I was castigated for telling sixth formers to keep away from me and to wear masks , I was told it is not my place to stop them infecting me, but now it seems it is the job of the CRT to intervene, and 'interpret'.

Edited by LadyG
  • Greenie 1
  • Unimpressed 3

6 minutes ago, LadyG said:

Yes, as a matter of fact I think it is highly unlikely that people who live on their boats are spreading disease the ones who are spreading disease are those who live reckless and chaotic lives, who mix in large groups, get drunk, dance in the streets and generally make no attempt to sanitise or stay at home.

I agree if living on a boat means self isolating and not going shopping, going to services , handling locks and bridges. But if your boat is moving, you are as big a risk as some others. I still don't see why boaters should be a special case. 

Haggis

• Greenie 3

38 minutes ago, ditchcrawler said:

Because the Government said you shouldn't go on non essential journeys.

Is that what they said? Is that exactly what they said this time, I thought it was 'moving from one area to another area.

So there will be no traffic on the roads on Thursday just as it was the first time, I think not.

?

• Angry 1

10 minutes ago, LadyG said:

Is that what they said? Is that exactly what they said this time, I thought it was 'moving from one area to another area.

So there will be no traffic on the roads on Thursday just as it was the first time, I think not.

?

You can read the requirements as well as I can, I don't expect they will be on the Government page until after the vote to make it law.

Edited to say they have published it https://www.gov.uk/guidance/new-national-restrictions-from-5-november#stay-at-home

Edited by ditchcrawler

Nantwich embankment is full. So if you're looking for somewhere to spend the lockdown moored end-to-end listening to the neighbours' engines and breathing their diesel fumes, you'll have to go elsewhere. Don't try Market Drayton; every boat we'd seen for miles around arrived there yesterday morning whilst we were filling with water. Strangely, despite it having full facilities, canal based and otherwise, there was plenty of space in Audlem. I attribute that to the shortage of winding holes: most people don't want to go to the top of Adderley to wind, and seem to be strangely incapable of navigating two or three closely spaced locks backwards to get to and from the tap.

One last chance at Nantwich: Melaleuca will be freeing one space on Thursday after we've done our panic buying and taken the Ford Focus of Doom off for a holiday in Oxford for the duration.

MP.

1 minute ago, ditchcrawler said:

You can read the requirements as well as I can, I don't expect they will be on the Government page until after the vote to make it law.

Stay home except for essential travel is what it seems to say

Haggis

9 minutes ago, LadyG said:

?

11. Travel

You should avoid travelling in or out of your local area, and you should look to reduce the number of journeys you make. However you can and should still travel for a number of reasons, including:

• travelling to work where this cannot be done from home

Your movements wouldn't appear to be moving to work.

• travelling to education and for caring responsibilities

Your movements wouldn't seem to be for education or caring.

• hospital GP and other medical appointments or visits where you have had an accident or are concerned about your health

You haven't mentioned health needs so I assume you don't have any so no need to move.

• visiting venues that are open, including essential retail

You might get away with this but they would have to be local to where you are on Thursday

• exercise, if you need to make a short journey to do so

Again you would have to stay local boating doesn't count as exercise.

If you need to travel we encourage you to walk or cycle where possible, and to plan ahead and avoid busy times and routes on public transport. This will allow you to practise social distancing while you travel.

Edited by Jerra

6 minutes ago, MoominPapa said:

One last chance at Nantwich: Melaleuca will be freeing one space on Thursday after we've done our panic buying and taken the Ford Focus of Doom off for a holiday in Oxford for the duration.

MP.

Have you thought of putting it on ebay?

32 minutes ago, haggis said:

I agree if living on a boat means self isolating and not going shopping, going to services , handling locks and bridges. But if your boat is moving, you are as big a risk as some others. I still don't see why boaters should be a special case. 

Haggis

I am absolutely not a risk to others, in the past six days I have not been in a shop, or any form of public transport, I have been to a pub, twice, thre were a maximum of five people in the pub. No one was acting riotously.I have emptied the cassette, wearing gloves and a mask. There is no one living anywhere near here. A few dog walkers every day. There have been no boat movements recently,, as far as I can make out.

I am clearly not typical, but I can't think that getting groups of boaters to gather round services is a good idea.

Edited by LadyG

8 minutes ago, LadyG said:

I am clearly not typical, but I can't think that getting groups of boaters to gather round services is a good idea.

No more or less of a good idea than getting groups of people to gather in towns and villages.  However as the govt have specifically said don't move out of your local area then if I lived aboard I would be near services perhaps a bit down the canal rather than tied up in a group but near all the same.

1 hour ago, cheshire~rose said:

Be very cautious about that belief 

I am not worried either way, but the CRT told me that was the case a month ago, anyway now it seems from exchange of emails today, that I can move if I have good reason to move, and lack of food and diesel must be both be good reasons, and if I can only get diesel if someone brings it to me, then does the same rule not apply to them? I will also be picking up coal, but someone brings it to me, what I am think is the 'coming to meet wth a single householder', is that rule scrubbed?

Edited by LadyG