Help me communicate, please

LadyG

Featured Posts

55 minutes ago, Dharl said:

Cracking fish and chips in Grimsby though! 

On visiting Grimsby Marina, decided I'd walk 'into town' and get some chips for us.

After the best part of a mile wandering thru a derelict industrial estate & the old docks decided that even if I found a 'chippy' they'd be cold before I found my way back.

Its like an old 'Wild West Mining town' with tumbleweeds blowing over the half-fallen down buildings.

On 03/11/2020 at 07:51, MartynG said:

Whats changed regarding Mick Ogden at West Stockwith ? Is he okay ?

I have only managed to speak to him once, last week, he has been in hospital, and has sold all his diesel, has stopped selling it, too much hassle, also thinks the white diesel business will kill the job totally. He was a bit grumpy, presumably keeps getting the same requests on his phone.  Still selling gas,

I have sourced Gas Oil at Bawtry, so am sorted, It was friendly Boater Sean who put me on to it. I needed transport and containers, got the latter from a car wash, and a jiggle syphon from Halfords.

9 hours ago, Dharl said:

Yes the architecture of Grimsby is a different matter......

I once managed a project to install some power equipment in Grimsby Telephone Exchange.

It was in Grime Street. That said it all really! ?

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, Alan de Enfield said:

On visiting Grimsby Marina, decided I'd walk 'into town' and get some chips for us.

After the best part of a mile wandering thru a derelict industrial estate & the old docks decided that even if I found a 'chippy' they'd be cold before I found my way back.

Its like an old 'Wild West Mining town' with tumbleweeds blowing over the half-fallen down buildings.

The yacht club has all the takeout menus in the bar area so you can order your grub and get it delivered to the marina gates. No need to even step foot out of the marina :)

• Greenie 1

5 minutes ago, Naughty Cal said:

The yacht club has all the takeout menus in the bar area so you can order your grub and get it delivered to the marina gates. No need to even step foot out of the marina :)

Thanks, but as you know we are no longer on the east coast as there was nowhere that had a big enough hoist to lift us. Even the Wind Farm Cats are only 19 feet, so their hoist are only 20 foot (we are 23 foot beam)

• Happy 1

21 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

Thanks, but as you know we are no longer on the east coast as there was nowhere that had a big enough hoist to lift us. Even the Wind Farm Cats are only 19 feet, so their hoist are only 20 foot (we are 23 foot beam)

Cant you get @W+T to narrow it a bit? ??

17 hours ago, Alan de Enfield said:

Except in the wild west the  prostitutes  were probably cleaner .

• Horror 1

2 hours ago, ditchcrawler said:

Couldn't you use the same equipment you used when you emptied your diesel tank last year?

No, the electric pump from Aldi died , and as I expected to buy diesel from on the cut retailers, I ended up binning my containers the last one went ten days ago. It had green growth. Anyways, I have a better container now, formerly antifreeze, so it's been well washed, it's filled with water.and I have five containers of diesel in t'engine room. I contacted a fuel polishing company as I was in desperate need of fuel. Still waiting for a reply to my message, why put out leaflets etc etc if you don't actually have a business....

Edited by LadyG

On 03/11/2020 at 07:51, MartynG said:

Whats changed regarding Mick Ogden at West Stockwith ? Is he okay ?

Mick has retired, he was never going to get rich from selling diesel, gas and coal at West Stockwith and there comes a time when the hassle that goes with the job outweighs the benefits. 

The diesel he has/had left was promised to the hire fleet but when it is gone, it is gone. He will continue to sell gas and coal until it runs out then he is going boating. 

When we saw him towards the latter part of October he was in good spirits and somewhat apologetic for being unable to supply us with diesel. We made a point of thanking him for the service he has been providing and he was a little taken aback by our comments. We have a feeling he may have had a lot of people having a bit of a whinge,either to his face or within earshot and it will wear him down. I hope he gets to go boating soon. 

I also hope that perhaps the lack of diesel on the canal might help speed up the permissions for the service point to be built at the new Walkeringham Marina 

8 hours ago, cheshire~rose said:

I also hope that perhaps the lack of diesel on the canal might help speed up the permissions for the service point to be built at the new Walkeringham Marina 

I'd guess that not knocking down historic buildings without permission, not draining an old pond full of local flora & fauna without permission, and not using areas of the site to dump industrial waste before burning it overnight without permission would help speed up permission for a new service point. 

16 hours ago, Alan de Enfield said:

I thought you had bought a second one ?

Nope, there were no others in Aldi, I got a refund, then I paid soneone to finish the job, his pump only had to pump clean stuff back in to the tank.

My tank is quite low at this moment in time, but I have no means of removing the rest, so will put a bit of fuel set in, then fill up with clean.

I'l try to get a sample out, and if it loks bad at the tank bottom  I'l get a Pela pump, if possible, I'm on the cut, but there is a postcode nearby, or I could try a plocker', not sure how to do that!

Edited by LadyG

13 hours ago, Mad Harold said:

You've not posted for a bit.

How's the Norman 32 project coming on?

Areat there. wellll. to the point i am one foot int he grave. well slight exaggeration lol. But bleedin feel like it at times. Over last so many months i am getting worse either nerve or tendon problems in shoulders and elbows. So the Norman is going i ma afraid, ripped all the mould down a few week back, and all other boats are going, NB has gone, i got a Loftus Bennet 19 i mite keep yet. Khash is going asap. . I have had to cut back on the Boat Works Services aswell due to health. I am soooo dam gutted not to be able to the Norman aswell and as the business, is/was doing so well. but hey ho. Over it now. been down but lets crack on.

PS i have near got an easier project ;) :) 

• Sad 3

37 minutes ago, W+T said:

Areat there. wellll. to the point i am one foot int he grave. well slight exaggeration lol. But bleedin feel like it at times. Over last so many months i am getting worse either nerve or tendon problems in shoulders and elbows. So the Norman is going i ma afraid, ripped all the mould down a few week back, and all other boats are going, NB has gone, i got a Loftus Bennet 19 i mite keep yet. Khash is going asap. . I have had to cut back on the Boat Works Services aswell due to health. I am soooo dam gutted not to be able to the Norman aswell and as the business, is/was doing so well. but hey ho. Over it now. been down but lets crack on.

PS i have near got an easier project ;) :) 

Sorry to hear that.

• Greenie 1

2 hours ago, Naughty Cal said:

Sorry to hear that.

Thanks Rach. Ona  good note though I think you mire appreciate the new project though Rach. Well its my sanity now, atleast ill still have a boat to sit on int garden lol Wort bit is getting blinkin help to do things.   

Fury.jpg.378ec66faf9847e57d2f0158e076036c.jpg

• Greenie 1

8 minutes ago, Naughty Cal said:

Fairline Fury?

There was one in our marina for a long time. Not sure where that went too.

Sadly there is one sunk (well upside down in the trees really) on the Trent at the minute just upstream of Gunthorpe Bridge.

Yep MK1 Fairline Fury, cracking boats, not that many about know. It come with the original twin Volvo Penta AQ130s and 270 outdrives. I fell in love with them a while ago as a few boats moored down from Khash is the same, model but for it being converted to 15hp outboard, is for sale soon but not for me that one. 

1 hour ago, W+T said:

Yep MK1 Fairline Fury, cracking boats, not that many about know. It come with the original twin Volvo Penta AQ130s and 270 outdrives. I fell in love with them a while ago as a few boats moored down from Khash is the same, model but for it being converted to 15hp outboard, is for sale soon but not for me that one. 

They do offer a lot of accomodation for the size of the boat. I would be ditching those petrol engines though!

8 minutes ago, Naughty Cal said:

They do offer a lot of accomodation for the size of the boat. I would be ditching those petrol engines though!

I had a Fairline Holiday which had the AQ 170 and 270 outdrive (single) apart from the usual 'petrol agro' (sourcing and additional requirements) it wasn't actually 'bad' on juice.

DSCF0004a.jpg

DSCF1362.JPG

31 minutes ago, Naughty Cal said:

whys that Rach