Help me communicate, please

LadyG

Featured Posts

Just now, Graham Davis said:

I do wonder, reading some of her comments on here, that the problem LadtG has with communicating is of her own making,

I think there certainly were problems communicating with a 'number' (I think 4) Electricians, Gas fitter(s) and BSS examiner.

I tend to find that folks tend to respond 'in kind'.

• Greenie 3

28 minutes ago, MartynG said:

I am living for  boating, not living on a boat.

I live on a boat, and have done for over ten years now, it has suddenly hit me that I am maybe not a liveaboard, just a hobby boater who likes it so much that I do it full time ????? ?

A few years ago we met a liveaboard in a pub who said "whats wrong with you? all you talk about is boats and boating?"

.................Dave

• Greenie 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, dmr said:

I live on a boat, and have done for over ten years now, it has suddenly hit me that I am maybe not a liveaboard, just a hobby boater who likes it so much that I do it full time ????? ?

A few years ago we met a liveaboard in a pub who said "whats wrong with you? all you talk about is boats and boating?"

.................Dave

Is there something else....

• Greenie 1

2 minutes ago, matty40s said:

Is there something else....

Probably Matthew but it wont be on your radar.

Try another thread....you dont have to 'soil' each one on here with your silly comments,  

Edited by The Happy Nomad

10 minutes ago, The Happy Nomad said:

Probably Matthew but it wont be on your radar.

Try another thread....you dont have to 'soil' each one on here with your silly comments,  

Ditto, didnt take you long to shut Monday night down did it.

8 minutes ago, matty40s said:

Ditto, didnt take you long to shut Monday night down did it.

What are you on about?

You seem to be under some sort of illusion that the the forum doesnt shut down about now.

Grow up man, and stop drinking whisky so late into the evening. You know it makes sense.

??????

Busy again for a few days, perhaps see you after that..........

Or not....??

Edited by The Happy Nomad

32 minutes ago, MrsM said:

Sounds like you are thoroughly fed up with things at the mo. Personally I would be grateful if my brother gave up his time to travel and bring me diesel when we only have a few days till lockdown, when all but essential travel for work is banned. I live in Lincoln and am happy to come and pick you up tomorrow to go and fetch diesel, go to a shop if it helps. Hate to think of you feeling isolated. Message me here if I can help. 

Thanks very much, but I'm sorted, I think, assuming I can fill up with diesel, just that I was completely thrown by the news this a.m that there was now no diesel at all on the canal, so have had to organise containers, pump and funnel, etc etc. Brother has been sticky over the  local rules, but I think,  the rule is that he can have me in his bubble, he likes driving about and doing things, this is the first time I've really needed his help, I suppose I could stay where I am, but I still need food fuel and water, and I'm not in the best position as I was en route to West Stockwith whan all these things started up again.

• Happy 1

11 minutes ago, The Happy Nomad said:

What are you on about?

You seem to be under some sort of illusion that the the forum doesnt shut down about now.

Grow up man, and stop drinking whisky so late into the evening. You know it makes sense.

??????

Busy again for a few days, perhaps see you after that..........

Or not....??

Yeah, no drinking rules, especially late drinking and whisky, that's what we need, is early evening drinking of strong cider still ok? ?

...............Dave

14 hours ago, roland elsdon said:

We always used to say you live in a house and on a boat.

You are on and off doing jobs fixing things working on the things that in a house come down or out of with pipes and wires.

We are currently in a house temp or perm don’t know, and in England temp or perm don’t know , thanks to covid.

In the house we don’t empty loos and ashpans, fill with water stoke fires, charge batteries, and  we shop once every three/ four weeks.
It’s a different life. I end up looking for jobs to do.

In a way that was the point I was trying to make.

If anyone thinks that being on a boat, in whatever condition is unacceptable hardship, spare a thought fo the single mothers (or two parents) stuck in a high rise flat with several very young children and nowhere outdoor to play. I've not experienced it myself but I can readily empathise with those who have little choice.

• Greenie 3

Living on a boat (that's a canal boat, not something moored half a mile out on a drying mud flat) is easy, often fun and satisfies just a bit of the pioneer spirit that blokes (mostly) aspire to. Getting permission to do it, coping with far more regulations than any householder has to face, finding the stupid amount of money needed to afford it, keeping the authorities at bay, finding a bit of bank where you are welcome and not just tolerated, keeping legal despite the traps that are laid for you by officials and getting on with some very strange characters both on and off the bank is a different matter. Would I live on the UK canal system again? Not a chance.

• Greenie 1

18 hours ago, LadyG said:

OK,

I did not sell my flat and buy a boat on order to satisfy some dream of 'living on a boat'

I did it 'cos I have been a semi pro sailor for years, and I want to travel within the Uk, absorbing history and suchlike.

I had to call on brother to get some diesel, he insists on coming tomorrow , a day which I was going to do other things, things which included visiting local museum  and  he says Iwill help you with fuel, and food, etc etc, but forget the museum.

So your brother offers the help you really need but it stopped your museum visit, oh dear, how sad, never mind. You are coming over as a tad selfish i think, when you need help you take it, right there, right then. You may need your brother again so i would keep him on side if i were you as you do not seem to get on with a lot people. Ever thought it could be you that puts up the barrier that stops you befriending people. Times are hard right now and going to get worse so you need to adapt to whatever is coming and not get so stressed. Thats how life is, accept it and keep positive. I agree with some other comments, a camper van would be more suitable for you, it has to be easier. Keep smiling.

• Greenie 1

4 hours ago, MartynG said:

Whats changed regarding Mick Ogden at West Stockwith ? Is he okay ?

Retired I believe. Think they are just supplying the two hire boats now.

25 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

It's 'ghoulish' (morbidly interesting) but not as 'grim' (unattractive or forbidding) as Grimsby.

I find Grimsby strangely interesting and a fantastic place to take some amazing pictures.

1 hour ago, Mike Hurley said:

So your brother offers the help you really need but it stopped your museum visit, oh dear, how sad, never mind. You are coming over as a tad selfish i think, when you need help you take it, right there, right then. You may need your brother again so i would keep him on side if i were you as you do not seem to get on with a lot people. Ever thought it could be you that puts up the barrier that stops you befriending people. Times are hard right now and going to get worse so you need to adapt to whatever is coming and not get so stressed. Thats how life is, accept it and keep positive. I agree with some other comments, a camper van would be more suitable for you, it has to be easier. Keep smiling.

Some people will never be happy whatever their form of home or mode of transport.

• Greenie 1
  • Happy 1

On 03/11/2020 at 09:27, Mike Todd said:

In a way that was the point I was trying to make.

If anyone thinks that being on a boat, in whatever condition is unacceptable hardship, spare a thought fo the single mothers (or two parents) stuck in a high rise flat with several very young children and nowhere outdoor to play. I've not experienced it myself but I can readily empathise with those who have little choice.

More so when the lift has been broken for months. As is often the case with the older blocks.