Hello everyone!

Travels With Martin

Featured Posts

Hi everyone on here, be nice as i'm new to this... 

I've had a really bad year starting up my YouTube channel, firstly we go into lock down and then i have huge engine issues that caused me to stop cruising meaning I couldn't make more vlogs to grow my channel, i've also had issues in other personal aspects of life so i'm hoping you can all try and be thoughtful of my situation over the last year!

"the following vlog will be in two parts due to my current locations poor internet however I am in the process of fixing this!

?NEW VLOG ?

Finally I can share part 1 of a new vlog with you! It's great to have finally found the time to do this since taking up a new job but here goes... don't forget to SUBSCRIBE!!!

• Happy 1

2 minutes ago, Travels With Martin said:

Could you be any more rude?

No he probably couldn't. It will be left to others who may well beat his dubious accolade as they are very experienced in it. I, a very experienced boater, did have a look and liked your more unusual approach with some waterway's history. More of that would be a refreshing change for us 'old hands'. Keep enjoying, you are obviously not someone who has taken to boating simply as a 'cheaper' way to have a roof over your head. 

• Greenie 2

I'm afraid OP has not been a regular poster on here or he would realise there is an anti vlog faction. I am not one of them, but to be honest this comes across as spamming. 

However, I had a look, and I fear you have a lot tolearn,Grasshopper. Withoutprofessional equipment and media training or natural communication skills your channel will drop in to obscurity, sorry, but it's just not good enough. ?

Edited by LadyG
  • Greenie 2

Hi Martin. I see you have just joined - welcome to the forum. Hopefully you will find it useful and interesting. I certainly have as a newbie boater. There is a wealth of knowledge and experience here - there is not a lot these guys/gals don't know about all things boats and boating. A few hours spent browsing the threads will probably show you that YouTube vloggers are not always particularly well regarded, with a few noteable exceptions. Please don't take it personally and good luck with the new job.

• Greenie 3

7 minutes ago, Hudds Lad said:

i take it this other channel didn’t work out then?

if it was you running that account, best get Admin to delete as multiples are not allowed.

good luck with your current venture, hope it works out for you ;) 

Maybe that was then (with his partner Jack) and this is now (without his partner Jack)

11 minutes ago, Hudds Lad said:

i take it this other channel didn’t work out then?

if it was you running that account, best get Admin to delete as multiples are not allowed.

good luck with your current venture, hope it works out for you ;) 

Are you sure multiple accounts are not allowed?  Where does it say that in the rules?

Also, this thread is basically advertising.  Does the OP have mod approval?

9 minutes ago, doratheexplorer said:

Are you sure multiple accounts are not allowed?  Where does it say that in the rules?

The rules do say that dual accounts are forbidden if there is an 'intent to deceive'.

Edit to add, here we go, I got the wording almost right :

Registering duplicate or multiple user accounts aimed to deliberately deceive or circumvent disciplinary action is not permitted

Edited by Alan de Enfield

10 hours ago, Richard10002 said:

I think if I was a vlogger, and wanted to draw traffic to my vlog, I would probably hang around here, making the odd helpful contribution, getting the lie of the land, (many the vast majority of whom are miserable old curmudgeons, very set in their ways, who will give short shrift to a whippersnapper promoting a vlog), and proceeding accordingly.

Nobody likes to be "sold" anything these days, particularly on internet forums, and some are very vocal in their rejection and discouragement - Question: "Could you be any ruder?", Answer: "Yes! What would it take?"

In order to introduce my vlog, I would wait for an issue/problem that one of my vlogs might help with, and only at that point, refer to it. Do this enough times, in a helpful way, and maybe you catch a few subscribers. I might even refer to the timings of the bit that helps, so as not to take up too much of the potential viewers time.

I follow a few vlogs on a variety of topics, but only found them because I was searching for help with an issue, and I only follow them because what I found was interesting, and presented in a way that I like.

1 hour ago, Alan de Enfield said:

The rules do say that dual accounts are forbidden if there is an 'intent to deceive'.

Edit to add, here we go, I got the wording almost right :

Registering duplicate or multiple user accounts aimed to deliberately deceive or circumvent disciplinary action is not permitted

It may have been and still is Jack's account

2 hours ago, doratheexplorer said:

If I tell you I write a blog and suggest you read it is that considered advertising. There has been some blatant business advertising on this forum recently which seamed to be accepted.

PS I have removed details of my blog from my sig just in case

Edited by ditchcrawler
Added PS

5 minutes ago, ditchcrawler said:

But he now has two accounts with the last one registered 16 hours ago.

Possibly hoping that no one realised and he could start again asking for 'followers', or 'subscribers' which is what sparked of the 6 pages of debate in the previous thread.

1 minute ago, Alan de Enfield said:

But he now has two accounts with the last one registered 16 hours ago.

Possibly hoping that no one realised and he could start again asking for 'followers', or 'subscribers' which is what sparked of the 6 pages of debate in the previous thread.

OK I didn't realise that

• Greenie 1

8 minutes ago, ditchcrawler said:

If I tell you I write a blog and suggest you read it is that considered advertising. There has been some blatant business advertising on this forum recently which seamed to be accepted.

PS I have removed details of my blog from my sig just in case

You don't need to remove the link to your blog as its obviously not a commercial enterprise, its much too boring for that , in fact its so boring that you even say so yourself :clapping:.

...............Dave

• Haha 2
  • Horror 1

Well as I see I have had some lovely comments and some very small minded comments - I will not be taken back by the negative comments.

With regards to the Floating Round Britain account , that belongs to Jack and we are still working on Episode 1 of that.

We are not begging for subscribers just asking for people to have a look if they wish as it's FREE to do so and you never know, you might enjoy it?

I have every intention of becoming a part of this forum and will not take any rudeness from other members.

• Greenie 3
  • Happy 1