November Lockdown (Two threads merged)

matty40s

Featured Posts

It seems Matt Poppycock has won and the gang of 4 are going to bring in Tier 4 of a 3 Tier system....anything to beat the Sturgeon 5 plan starting with zero..

So, get to a decent place near a waterpoint, its going to freeze like 2010 from end November anyway (SuperNina) so you can expect to be there until Easter.?

For those who got stuck at home last time, is the  boat a better bet for the first home status.....looks from European cities like some may burn with protests!!...

30 minutes ago, matty40s said:

It seems Matt Poppycock has won and the gang of 4 are going to bring in Tier 4 of a 3 Tier system....anything to beat the Sturgeon 5 plan starting with zero..

So, get to a decent place near a waterpoint, its going to freeze like 2010 from end November anyway (SuperNina) so you can expect to be there until Easter.?

For those who got stuck at home last time, is the  boat a better bet for the first home status.....looks from European cities like some may burn with protests!!...

Ah, it's not that bad.

Bickering with CRT on Twitter earlier today gave us this thread:

If the official @CRTContactUs twitter account is saying publicly that CC movement is suspended in Tier 3 areas, we'll be staying put and bickering with the local EO later!  The fact we happen to be one bridge away from the services is helpful...

• Greenie 1

25 minutes ago, IanD said:

Except they're going to expand it from Marcus Rashford to the whole of England on Monday... ?

Where did you get that idea? The Daily Telegraph, usually a paper to be trusted, says categorically that the Prime Minister is keen to avoid a nationwide lockdown.

7 minutes ago, Athy said:

Where did you get that idea? The Daily Telegraph, usually a paper to be trusted, says categorically that the Prime Minister is keen to avoid a nationwide lockdown.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/oct/30/save-christmas-with-covid-lockdown-in-england-experts-say

National Covid lockdown expected across England next week

Boris Johnson has bowed to pressure from his scientific advisers for new national lockdown restrictions, which are expected to be announced early next week, the Guardian has been told.

Sir Patrick Vallance and Prof Chris Whitty, who head the Scientific Advisory Group for Emergencies (Sage), are understood to have warned the prime minister that the time has come for national action across England. Sage scientists presented Johnson with evidence at a meeting in Downing Street, where they explained that Covid-19 is spreading significantly faster than their worst-case scenarios.

The scientists, who are supported by the health secretary, Matt Hancock, and Michael Gove, are understood to have argued that local measures are no longer enough and that the virus could kill 85,000 people this winter. Sage’s proposals for a two-week “circuit breaker” over half-term were turned down by ministers. It is now thought something longer will be needed.

However, the exact extent of the new lockdown restrictions have yet to be decided. That will be thrashed out this weekend as Johnson and the chancellor, Rishi Sunak, try to work out what can be imposed across England without major damage to the economy.

Just now, Tonka said:

Bury your head like you normally do and ignore everything else apart from what suits you

Is this general advice, or specific to me? If the latter, please explain your remark.

15 minutes ago, Tonka said:

Specific to you.

So, you do not approve of people who take an optimistic view of life?

Your "as you usually do" suggests, though without citing examples, that I have been guilty of optimism before. If that is the case, then I'm pleased to have a glass half-full rather than half-empty outlook, and I'm sure that plenty more CWDFers take a similar stance. So your (still unexplained) dig is far from being specific to me.

Edited by Athy

9 hours ago, matty40s said:

For those who got stuck at home last time, is the  boat a better bet for the first home status....

That's a difficult choice ;)

Boat in a marina with a hundred others on a river that goes into flood at the blink of an eye.

House in a quiet village with socially spaced housing a decent sized garden and Waitrose deliveries booked until December.

Think the house might just edge it as a better place to be ;)

• Greenie 2

7 minutes ago, Loddon said:

That's a difficult choice ;)

Boat in a marina with a hundred others on a river that goes into flood at the blink of an eye.

House in a quiet village with socially spaced housing a decent sized garden and Waitrose deliveries booked until December.

Think the house might just edge it as a better place to be ;)

Unlimited water

Unlimited 'leccy

Unlimited toilet flushes

The house may just have it ................

1 minute ago, Tonka said:

And according to Mark Drakeford we are coming out of lockdown Monday week

We were just discussing that.

England goes into lock down, Wales comes out of lockdown on Nov 9th 

Can we visit the boat ?

Will Wales fall into line and join in the 'National Lockdown' ?

Questions, questions ................

Just now, Alan de Enfield said:

We were just discussing that.

England goes into lock down, Wales comes out of lockdown on Nov 9th 

Can we visit the boat ?

Will Wales fall into line and join in the 'National Lockdown' ?

Questions, questions ................

I know . Hospitality have been told that can reopen but for who if England in lockdown.

14 minutes ago, Victor Vectis said:

Keep up at the back there Athy.

Do you mean that you don't think the Telegraph is trustworthy? When I used to read daily papers, I always found it a good source of news.

28 minutes ago, Athy said:

So, you do not approve of people who take an optimistic view of life?

Your "as you usually do" suggests, though without citing examples, that I have been guilty of optimism before. If that is the case, then I'm pleased to have a glass half-full rather than half-empty outlook, and I'm sure that plenty more CWDFers take a similar stance. So your (still unexplained) dig is far from being specific to me.

Well, he said that it did so I for one, would be reluctant to gainsay him.

I wouldn't dream of speaking for Tonka but I read his post as aimed less at your alleged optimism than at your alleged tendency to "ignore everything else apart from what suits you".

Of course I may be completely wrong, in which case I welcome Tonka telling me so.

• Happy 1

10 minutes ago, frahkn said:

I wouldn't dream of speaking for Tonka but I read his post as aimed less at your alleged optimism than at your alleged tendency to "ignore everything else apart from what suits you".

Of course I may be completely wrong.

"Alleged", but of course not true in the slightest although, in common with most people, I like some things more than I like other things; don't you? For example, following cricket suits me, but following horse racing doesn't, so I ignore horse racing. So I wouldn't be so uncharitable as to say that you are "completely wrong".

I must say that I'm no longer sure that I like the Telegraph at the moment: since I looked at their predictions regarding lock-downs, they have changed their story!

Edited by Athy