Battle of Stourbridge

max's son

Featured Posts

• 1 year later...
3 minutes ago, Ogwr said:

My best memory of the 62 Rally at Stourbridge  was the excursion through the Dudley Tunnel. I was supposed to go with my dad, but he had to go somewhere 

as I remember him suit trousers in his wellies as he waded through the mud to the train station So a ten year old boy was allowed to go om his own. Today's safety elves would have had a fit as the day boat was bailed out with buckets and a coach load of happy people got on board to enter the tunnel closed to navigation. The trip through seemed to pass quickly as we pulled and pushed our way through. 

Reaching Park Head the majority boarded the coach to return to Stourbridge .

I answered the call for volunteers to return the boat back, getting a return trip. I remember being squished in the back of a Morris Minor and being given a bag of chips (they were so good). Ambling back down the muddy towpath to the boat to be confronted by an angry mother to be sent to bed. No big punishment as it was now dark, and I was tired.

Brilliant to hear. Just think, todays lucky kids could have pretended, and played the game on an I phone!!!! poor little sods.