Stoppages at Denver sluice.

MoominPapa

Featured Posts

I had reason to call for an ambulance for myself several weeks ago at 5 in the morning. 

My location was quite difficult to describe as not on a public road so I asked the call handler if she had "what three words". She said "ok I will load it". I used my phone to find the location on the what three words website as I had heard of it before and told her the three words. She described it to me to confirm and it was accurate.

Shortly afterwards ambulance arrived and I was dealt with. 

It actually works well, to be fair.

Edited by magnetman
  • Greenie 1

17 minutes ago, Scholar Gypsy said:

In terms of the incident, the EA have posted this on Facebook

"A member of the public, possibly with Coronavirus, has been on-site. We plan to disinfect touch-points and re-open the slipway early next week. At that point we will update the notice."

Thank you 

Closure is Understandable then  

How long does it take to go and get a spray bleach from Tesco and whip round in a mask and gloves to clean it....a week or more....

"A member of the public, possibly with a tyrannosaurus rex, has been on-site. We plan to disinfect touch-points and re-open the slipway early next week. At that point we will update the notice."

1 hour ago, Scholar Gypsy said:

In terms of the incident, the EA have posted this on Facebook

"A member of the public, possibly with Coronavirus, has been on-site. We plan to disinfect touch-points and re-open the slipway early next week. At that point we will update the notice."

Will the virus not have died of its own accord by then?

Latest update from the EA:

"Please be aware following a potential case of Coronavirus (Covid-19) that the upstream (non-tidal) landing stage at Denver Lock remains closed and inaccessible due to a boat currently occupying the landing stage following an incident. The boat will remain in situ in its’ current position until it can safely be moved. Navigation and access through the lock is still possible but we advise caution whilst manoeuvring past the moored vessel into and out of the upstream end of Denver lock.
Following a disinfectant deep clean the Denver pump-out, water point, Elsan disposal and slipway facility have re-opened but you will still require a navigation key to access the car park and these facilities."