Films for lockdown, and CRT stoppages

Timx

Featured Posts

Also, Cherbobyl mini series is very good viewing, gritty and doesnt hold back much.

I binge-watched it flying(remember that joy) from Heathrow to Denver last year.....final credits rolled just as the plane had the disembarking gantry attached at the other side.

• Greenie 1

The West Wing. Probably the best political drama ever made, but it's more than just that, and it's surprising how contemporary the subject matter is - talk about history repeating itself!  Now available for streaming for free on All 4. It'll get you through to Christmas. 

• Greenie 3

26 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

The West Wing. Probably the best political drama ever made, but it's more than just that, and it's surprising how contemporary the subject matter is - talk about history repeating itself!  Now available for streaming for free on All 4. It'll get you through to Christmas. 

It's probably the only show I watched every single episode of, and begrudged waiting for the next season to come out.

The only thing that dates it is the recent fashion of no longer having competent, dignified statesmen in charge of governments! ;)

11 hours ago, matty40s said:

Breaking Bad on Netflix, if you like it you can also watch Better Call Saul....a brilliant spinoff. 

Better call saul got a bit iffy as it went on I thought, but breaking bad,  brilliant! 

Edited to add. If you were a One flew fan, don't bother with Ratched , its a crap American horror type thing. The Bridge (subtitled) is a decent series if you can deal with subtitles. 

Edited by Ally

17 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Not watched it but really enjoyed Designated Survivor which I assume covers much of the same subjects

7 hours ago, Tim Lewis said:

Not watched it but really enjoyed Designated Survivor which I assume covers much of the same subjects

If you liked Designated Survivor, Tim, I'd be surprised if you don't absolutely love The West Wing.  Not so much of the FBI chasing baddies type stuff, more humour  (though a comedy it isn't), great characters.  Written (originally) by Aaron Sorkin who is pretty much the master of the genre. Most of us would definitely vote for Jed Bartlett! :)

• 2 months later...
12 minutes ago, Tim Lewis said:

Have just got a free six month subscription to Britbox from BT and have just binge watched Broadchirch. Not sure how I missed that first time around!

If you like that try 'The Coroner' on Britbox, one we missed when first released.

32 minutes ago, The Happy Nomad said:

@Jon57

Project Binky is back up and running after three lockdowns.

Discovered this on the first lockdown and solemnly binged my way through all the 32 esipodes then available regardless of my giggly bites remaining. Gripping ...... and bloody high calibre engineering!

7 minutes ago, Up-Side-Down said:

Discovered this on the first lockdown and solemnly binged my way through all the 32 esipodes then available regardless of my giggly bites remaining. Gripping ...... and bloody high calibre engineering!

I cannot wait to see it finished.

On 01/11/2020 at 17:29, TheBiscuits said:

It's probably the only show I watched every single episode of, and begrudged waiting for the next season to come out.

The only thing that dates it is the recent fashion of no longer having competent, dignified statesmen in charge of governments! ;)

Watch 'The Trial of The Chicago Seven' also written by Aaron Sorkin, you will recognise so many phrases!   It is as superb as West Wing, one of my many favourite episodes of WW was 'In Excelsis Deo'    

The French detective series 'Lupin' is good too... 

I'm watching 'The Umbrella Academy' at the moment, I didn't think I would like it from the write up but it's growing on me. It doesn't pan out how you'd expect.

7 minutes ago, buccaneer66 said:

I might watch this as it's a proper mini, not a BMW styled to look like one.

Well...........

It is a 'proper' mini bodyshell, the drive train however is a 4wd Toyota Celica. If you like watching very skilled people modify the shell and the drivetrain to get it in it is definitely worth a watch.

The attention to detail is phenomenal. Killed many an hour during 'lock down one'.