Boat seized and owner left homeless and sleeping in a car.

Alan de Enfield

Featured Posts

3 hours ago, TheBiscuits said:

I think it's all over.

Planet was sold in April 2017 for £12,500 

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/lightship_planet_costs_and_fees

There is still an ongoing debate and of course Dunks still wants another day in court over the legality of the sale of Planet.

All of which is racking up further costs for the former owner.

2 minutes ago, Naughty Cal said:

There is still an ongoing debate and of course Dunks still wants another day in court over the legality of the sale of Planet.

All of which is racking up further costs for the former owner.

Any links to support that, or is it just TD's ramblings on the other side?

33 minutes ago, Chewbacka said:

Interesting view of success.  Had potential buyers not been scared to buy it and it had sold at a fair market price, the original owner would have had  balance of the sale after his debt to CRT for removal and storage were paid off.  Maybe £50k.  But because of the great success he got nothing.

It was always going to be sold for a song! Instead of taking the 12k why didn't they scrap it? Because that would have given the owner money, you might believe CRT but I don't 

45 minutes ago, Chewbacka said:

Interesting view of success.  Had potential buyers not been scared to buy it and it had sold at a fair market price, the original owner would have had  balance of the sale after his debt to CRT for removal and storage were paid off.  Maybe £50k.  But because of the great success he got nothing.

Only if it had been sold for around £100k. I imagine the market for lightships is pretty limited, so even without all the hoohah surrounding this particular vessel there is no guarantee it would ever have sold for anything like that figure.

• Greenie 1

Is TD still sleeping in his car?  I mean, I think its bad enough not being allowed to visit or sleep in my boat, and i do have a big and comfortable car, but I can't say I'd be anything less that thoroughly miserable if I was sleeping in that rather than being confined to my shore-side home. 

52 minutes ago, peterboat said:

It was always going to be sold for a song! Instead of taking the 12k why didn't they scrap it? Because that would have given the owner money, you might believe CRT but I don't 

Because it was offered for sale by tender with a fixed closing date, and they received a valid bid so were obliged to proceed.

I'm pretty sure if they had thought it would only fetch £12,500 they would have scrapped it for £70,000, if only to clear the outstanding debt.

38 minutes ago, David Mack said:

Only if it had been sold for around £100k. I imagine the market for lightships is pretty limited, so even without all the hoohah surrounding this particular vessel there is no guarantee it would ever have sold for anything like that figure.

The other lightship on the G&S, Sula, was up for sale at £400,000 last year.

13 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Is TD still sleeping in his car?  I mean, I think its bad enough not being allowed to visit or sleep in my boat, and i do have a big and comfortable car, but I can't say I'd be anything less that thoroughly miserable if I was sleeping in that rather than being confined to my shore-side home. 

He spent two nights sleeping in his car but has accepted the offer of alternative accommodation from a client of his, according to his posts.