Boat seized and owner left homeless and sleeping in a car.

Alan de Enfield

Featured Posts

8 hours ago, Arthur Marshall said:

When I was busking in the Albert Dock in Liverpool in full regalia, I got photgraphed by a pro. I only found out when I saw the result for sale in his gallery. I did check to see if I could get a few bob out of it, which I couldn't. I had my doubts that he put anything in the hat, either.

Probably different rules apply to a professional model, though.

I remember that "Wanted" poster. ;)

14 hours ago, Paul Gwilliams said:

So you know who owns the barrow ? theft by finding then.

As to value "may as well be hung for a sheep than a lamb". Was the old saying. 

Probably not: he found the barrow at 4, Heather Lane Packington, and that's where it stayed for the rest of its time. So if the builders had ever wanted it back, it was still at the address where they had left it.

On 30/10/2020 at 19:17, Loddon said:

Don't use other peoples pictures without asking for permission and giving them credit.

Is that better?

Yawn.  The photo was put in the public domain.  It was clearly not intended for commercial purposes and copyright laws allow for fair use, which this clearly comes under.  The photographer is more than welcome to sue me for his losses, although I'm struggling to imagine what they could be?

17 minutes ago, doratheexplorer said:

Yawn.  The photo was put in the public domain.  It was clearly not intended for commercial purposes and copyright laws allow for fair use, which this clearly comes under.  The photographer is more than welcome to sue me for his losses, although I'm struggling to imagine what they could be?

Its amazing how folk can get bolshie and all 'legal' when it affects them, but they can stay 'years' on a 14 day mooring awaiting an engine part that can only be manufactured by a left handed mongolian during periods of the full moon, and then complain they are being persecuted as they should be allowed to stay because of 'circumstances'.

• Greenie 3

1 hour ago, doratheexplorer said:

I am afraid you are wrong, the uk law allows fair use of material for reporting current events, with one important exception, which is photos.  To quote -

Fair dealing with a work for the purpose of reporting current events is allowed for any type of copyright work other than a photograph. In each of these cases, a sufficient acknowledgement will be required.

As stated, a photograph cannot be reproduced for the purpose of reporting current events.

• Greenie 1

23 minutes ago, Jerra said:

The thread title clearly says homeless and sleeping in a car.

Yes, I noticed that. But if you read Pam Picketts' article, quoted in the opening post, she questions whether a car is a suitable place for this man to sleep. She doesn't actually state that he is doing so.

I hope that he isn't.

1 minute ago, Athy said:

Yes, I noticed that. But if you read Pam Picketts' article, quoted in the opening post, she questions whether a car is a suitable place for this man to sleep. She doesn't actually state that he is doing so.

I hope that he isn't.

He isn't.

2 hours ago, doratheexplorer said:

As I have not seen the post with the photo I can't judge but if you found it on Google be aware that the index and show any image they can find on the web, even scraping them off pages showing copyright. I have had several of my  technical images ripped of by others I can only assume via google. Just because google shows it does not mean its in the public domain.

• Greenie 3

18 minutes ago, Naughty Cal said:

Most certainly not.

You gave a very definitive answer that he wasn't sleeping in a vehicle so I assume to know where he is sleeping.   Please tell, this is no time of the year for anybody to be sleeping rough.

• Greenie 1

22 minutes ago, Jerra said:

You gave a very definitive answer that he wasn't sleeping in a vehicle so I assume to know where he is sleeping.   Please tell, this is no time of the year for anybody to be sleeping rough.

I agree that it is not the time of year to be sleeping rough but in the early days, Tony said how he had bene overwhelmed with offers of help and I assume that he took some of them up. I also think that if he wanted us to know where he was sleeping, he would have told us. 

haggis

2 minutes ago, haggis said:

I agree that it is not the time of year to be sleeping rough but in the early days, Tony said how he had bene overwhelmed with offers of help and I assume that he took some of them up. I also think that if he wanted us to know where he was sleeping, he would have told us. 

haggis

I thought he was banned from the forum so wouldn't be able to tell us.   I hope he isn't living rough but it is a little dishonest on somebody's part keeping up the pretence he is living rough if he isn't.

6 minutes ago, haggis said:

haggis

He's hardly likely to say where he's living as it wouldn't be such a good sob story.  There's plenty of posters on here who would know as they're on T'Boat too.