Boat seized and owner left homeless and sleeping in a car.

Alan de Enfield

Featured Posts

2 hours ago, peterboat said:

Not true I have a boat that I fill in a form asking for BSS exemption, it's on a trade plate as well 

Assuming your boat is on C&RT waters, which form do you fill-in for BSS exemption?

Bod

12 minutes ago, peterboat said:

I have an electric system for the bilge pump and certificate granted 

Interesting! You presumably couldn't sign the form as having no electrical system when you had an electric system for a bilge pump. 

haggis

13 minutes ago, haggis said:

Interesting! You presumably couldn't sign the form as having no electrical system when you had an electric system for a bilge pump. 

haggis

No spoke to them, a bulge pump is acceptable, it was Dave from the BSS office that told me to do the certificate. It cant move has no floor so is an empty shell with protection against sinking, battery, solar panel and bulge pump is that protection 

3 minutes ago, peterboat said:

No spoke to them, a bulge pump is acceptable, it was Dave from the BSS office that told me to do the certificate. It cant move has no floor so is an empty shell with protection against sinking, battery, solar panel and bulge pump is that protection 

Seems reasonable and sensible

10 hours ago, peterboat said:

That seems a reasonable and sensible case for exemption from the BSS.

What doesn't however is a boat that is being used to liveaboard.

• Greenie 1

1 hour ago, Naughty Cal said:

That seems a reasonable and sensible case for exemption from the BSS.

What doesn't however is a boat that is being used to liveaboard.

But the BSS is supposed to be for the protectioon of other boats and boaters, not the owner. Although with the CO alarm addition  it looks like the rationale is changing. Again.

CRT apparently argue that while the exemption form doesn't mention a stove, it's superseded by the t&cs, which apparently do. Which, of course, is another argument about the legitimacy or legality of the t&cs, which I'm afraid I really don't give a toss about any more, as I just want to enjoy the couple of years boating I have left.

Arguing with the big battalions is, in my opinion, for the next generation, as they have to live with the consequences, and if they can't be bothered, then neither can I any more. As far as I can see  all Tony has achieved is the loss of his boat. His campaign about the Lightship was a total failure. I hope he's enjoying the process he's going through, but it sure wouldn't have been my choice and I really can't see it being much fun. But then, maybe he just didn't want to live on the boat any more.

• Greenie 1

5 minutes ago, Arthur Marshall said:

But the BSS is supposed to be for the protectioon of other boats and boaters, not the owner. Although with the CO alarm addition  it looks like the rationale is changing. Again.

CRT apparently argue that while the exemption form doesn't mention a stove, it's superseded by the t&cs, which apparently do. Which, of course, is another argument about the legitimacy or legality of the t&cs, which I'm afraid I really don't give a toss about any more, as I just want to enjoy the couple of years boating I have left.

Arguing with the big battalions is, in my opinion, for the next generation, as they have to live with the consequences, and if they can't be bothered, then neither can I any more. As far as I can see  all Tony has achieved is the loss of his boat. His campaign about the Lightship was a total failure. I hope he's enjoying the process he's going through, but it sure wouldn't have been my choice and I really can't see it being much fun. But then, maybe he just didn't want to live on the boat any more.

Arthur Planet is still tied up and costing Commercial boat services a fortune in storage because of Tony thats a success in his and my books, potential buyers are scared to buy it because they are unsure of ownership

45 minutes ago, Arthur Marshall said:

But the BSS is supposed to be for the protectioon of other boats and boaters, not the owner. Although with the CO alarm addition  it looks like the rationale is changing. 

The CO alarms are to protect the rescuse services and others from the trauma of recovering bodies from boats 

47 minutes ago, peterboat said:

Arthur Planet is still tied up and costing Commercial boat services a fortune in storage because of Tony thats a success in his and my books, potential buyers are scared to buy it because they are unsure of ownership

While it may be costing Commercial Boat Services at the moment for the storage of Planet they will seek to recover those costs.

Hardly a success when that day comes!!

Although it won't be Tony landed with the bill in that instance.

58 minutes ago, Naughty Cal said:

While it may be costing Commercial Boat Services at the moment for the storage of Planet they will seek to recover those costs.

What they bought it for and the storage costs more than outweigh its value, It no longer belongs to the owner so its not his problem or Tonys. The few attempts at sale have failed so at some point they no doubt scrap it at a loss

Edited by peterboat

29 minutes ago, peterboat said:

What they bought it for and the storage costs more than outweigh its value, It no longer belongs to the owner so its not his problem or Tonys. The few attempts at sale have failed so at some point they no doubt scrap it at a loss

That will very much depend on the terms and conditions of the original mooring contract.

Terms such as these for CRT long term moorings are not uncommon in mooring contracts to cover such situations:

"5.6 If we incur any costs, charges and/or expenses or suffer any losses, as a result of your failure to comply with this Agreement, or as a result of anything caused by you or for which you are responsible in connection with the Boat and your use of the Mooring Site, we shall have the right to recover any such reasonable costs, charges and/or expenses from you in accordance with this condition 5.6 and/or as a debt. Such costs and expenses may include but are not limited to:

5.6.1 any costs, charges and/or expenses incurred in relation to removal or storage or destruction of the Boat or of items left on the Boat or any other part of the Mooring Site

5.6.2 any costs and/or fees of professionals/contractors we may employ to assist us in dealing with the consequences of your actions, or inaction, including legal costs; and/or

5.6.3 any other administrative charges, including costs for our time, that we may incur; and/or

5.6.4 all costs, charges and/or expenses arising from any claims made against us for any damage including but not limited to those relating to personal injury and/or damage to property; and/or

5.6.5 any Overstay Charges"

2 minutes ago, Naughty Cal said:

That will very much depend on the terms and conditions of the original mooring contract.

Terms such as these for CRT long term moorings are not uncommon in mooring contracts to cover such situations:

"5.6 If we incur any costs, charges and/or expenses or suffer any losses, as a result of your failure to comply with this Agreement, or as a result of anything caused by you or for which you are responsible in connection with the Boat and your use of the Mooring Site, we shall have the right to recover any such reasonable costs, charges and/or expenses from you in accordance with this condition 5.6 and/or as a debt. Such costs and expenses may include but are not limited to:

5.6.1 any costs, charges and/or expenses incurred in relation to removal or storage or destruction of the Boat or of items left on the Boat or any other part of the Mooring Site

5.6.2 any costs and/or fees of professionals/contractors we may employ to assist us in dealing with the consequences of your actions, or inaction, including legal costs; and/or

5.6.3 any other administrative charges, including costs for our time, that we may incur; and/or

5.6.4 all costs, charges and/or expenses arising from any claims made against us for any damage including but not limited to those relating to personal injury and/or damage to property; and/or

5.6.5 any Overstay Charges"

Seized by court order its all their problem! Its well documented and no longer the owners problem

46 minutes ago, peterboat said:

Seized by court order its all their problem! Its well documented and no longer the owners problem

Depends whose version of events you listen too.

Mr Dunks has gone very quiet on this subject presumably because it isn't going to go the way he expected.

The case of Planet is far from over.

4 minutes ago, Naughty Cal said:

Depends whose version of events you listen too.

Mr Dunks has gone very quiet on this subject presumably because it isn't going to go the way he expected.

The case of Planet is far from over.

I think it's all over.

Planet was sold in April 2017 for £12,500 

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/lightship_planet_costs_and_fees

• Greenie 1

6 minutes ago, TheBiscuits said:

I think it's all over.

Planet was sold in April 2017 for £12,500 

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/lightship_planet_costs_and_fees

Exactly sold a cut price and now sitting in an expensive dock racking up costs! Couldn't happen to a nicer company ?

Just now, peterboat said:

Exactly sold a cut price and now sitting in an expensive dock racking up costs! Couldn't happen to a nicer company ?

I don't understand what you are saying Peter.

The boat was sold for a fraction of it's value due to the fuss kicked up at the time - there was only one offer received.  The previous owner still owes CRT about fifty grand and doesn't have the ship.

It's no longer racking up costs for CRT as it's been sold and I'm sure I read somewhere that the chap who bought it is something to do with Sharpness Docks which is why it's still there.

3 hours ago, Naughty Cal said:

are you just making stuff up?

54 minutes ago, TheBiscuits said:

I don't understand what you are saying Peter.

The boat was sold for a fraction of it's value due to the fuss kicked up at the time - there was only one offer received.  The previous owner still owes CRT about fifty grand and doesn't have the ship.

It's no longer racking up costs for CRT as it's been sold and I'm sure I read somewhere that the chap who bought it is something to do with Sharpness Docks which is why it's still there.

The offer received was from the company that towed it away, they have tried to sell it but because they can't provide real ownership papers nobody wants it. CRT have no hope of getting the dosh from the owner because he is potless! The whole thing is a mess of CRTs and commercial boat companies making and its cost us boat owners plenty 

6 hours ago, peterboat said:

Interesting view of success.  Had potential buyers not been scared to buy it and it had sold at a fair market price, the original owner would have had  balance of the sale after his debt to CRT for removal and storage were paid off.  Maybe £50k.  But because of the great success he got nothing.

• Greenie 1