Boat seized and owner left homeless and sleeping in a car.

Alan de Enfield

Featured Posts

9 minutes ago, Jerra said:

I thought he was banned from the forum so wouldn't be able to tell us.   I hope he isn't living rough but it is a little dishonest on somebody's part keeping up the pretence he is living rough if he isn't.

Yes, I think he is still banned but that hasn't stopped him posting messages on here before. He several times joined under a different name  and latterly if he felt that someone on here would benefit from his input, he has asked another member from the other place to give his message. I agree that it is a little dishonest to imply that he is sleeping rough but that's journalists for you ?

haggis

Edited by haggis

19 minutes ago, haggis said:

Yes, I think he is still banned but that hasn't stopped him posting messages on here before. He several times joined under a different name  and latterly if he felt that someone on here would benefit from his input, he has asked another member from the other place to give his message. I agree that it is a little dishonest to imply that he is sleeping rough but that's journalists for you ?

haggis

"Small war in distant country. Not many dead".

3 hours ago, Chewbacka said:

I am afraid you are wrong, the uk law allows fair use of material for reporting current events, with one important exception, which is photos.  To quote -

Fair dealing with a work for the purpose of reporting current events is allowed for any type of copyright work other than a photograph. In each of these cases, a sufficient acknowledgement will be required.

As stated, a photograph cannot be reproduced for the purpose of reporting current events.

Thanks for that.  I await the claim for financial loss with baited breath.

Here's a picture I took of a Portacabin.  Feel free to do what you like with it. 

The idea that I hold some kind of copyright over this image is frankly laughable.  Copyright in photographs exists to protect artistic merit or photos of some financial value.  If the photo had been one clearly taken for its aesthetics or there was any indication the photographer might have been able to sell it, and people might have thought I took the photo, then I might have behaved differently.

Portacabin Pic 2.jpg

• Greenie 1

5 hours ago, canalboat said:

Talk about wandering off the subject. Is the poor bloke still sleeping in a car.?

TD is banned from this site, I assume 'cos he's called a spade a spade too many tines. 

He's much respected and is on TB,  I don't think he is sleeping in his car, he's never mentioned it, come back Tony Dunkley, come back miketheboilerman ,this place is getting a bit boring?

Edited by LadyG

1 minute ago, TheBiscuits said:

If you'd done that a few weeks ago you could have entered in in the IWA photo competition ...

It's certainly about as streamlined as some boat's I've seen.

Just now, LadyG said:

TD is banned from this site, I assume 'cos he's called a spade a spade too many tines. 

He's much respected and is on TB,  I don't think he is sleeping in his car, he's never mentioned it, come back Tony Dunkley, come back @miketheboilerman 

He was banned for something far worse than calling names.  I've heard what he did and have no cause to doubt.  He may be knowledgable, but some things are inexcusable.

6 minutes ago, doratheexplorer said:

If this was the generation game, I'd award 3/10.  You haven't done a smiley face in the window or drawn a comical penis.

Do you know anyone with a comical penis to model for me? Mine would require too much ink.

• Haha 1
  • Horror 1

Just now, LadyG said:

@TheBiscuits that's really good, you are the New Banksy Boater ??

Well It would be if @TheBiscuits had done anything other than steal my art and try to gain profit and kudos by it. Where's @kris88, he knows the rules.

• Greenie 1
  • Haha 2
  • Horror 1

2 minutes ago, Jim Riley said:

Well It would be if @TheBiscuits had done anything other than steal my art and try to gain profit and kudos by it.

Ooh!  I was simply suggesting it was worthy of entry in a national competition.

If you'd flipped it left to right as well it might have even been a category winner!;)

1 minute ago, TheBiscuits said:

Ooh!  I was simply suggesting it was worthy of entry in a national competition.

If you'd flipped it left to right as well it might have even been a category winner!;)

To be truly original I'd have to photoshop a couple of crayonned old working boats on to it.

Just now, TheBiscuits said:

He's a clown.

That's not a personal attack against forum rules, just a factual statement :D

I've not worn slap for many many years. I started and returned to being  Fool. A far more important job. 

So you know Steve? He came to my first circus class at Oulderhill school in Rochdale in 1989 or so, hasn't he done well for himself. 3rd in BGT!

Done my bit on TV, Timmy Mallet stood on my shoulders ( he left marks) and I met Michaela Stratton aged about 17 and taught her co presenter Tommy Boyd scarf juggling , live. 

Edited by Jim Riley

5 hours ago, Naughty Cal said:

He was never sleeping in a car.

This, from the gentleman in question's reply to the question posed in a thread on Thunderboat forum o heartless one:

"As for the accommodation remaining at my disposal, 'different' is a rather apt way of describing it.  With "Halcyon Daze" gone, all that have left that's immediately available to me apart from my car, is what stands on the land that goes with my mooring, a shed and an old Transit van I use for storage. "

• Greenie 2