Webasto not working properly.

Soupdragon

Featured Posts

1 hour ago, Soupdragon said:

Thank you all, i have changed the loom, fuel pump and am charging the batteries for 5 hours a day, I really don't know what it was but its started to work normally again.  Adding up the bills it would have been better to buy a brand new set up, but that is knowledge for the future.

Thanks again.

I'd suggest you NOW have enough electrical worms to wriggle down the wires and kick it into life.

First thing to do when a power problem is suspected with an ebersparky thingy is to clean the blade fuse. Ours would cease to work around 18 months after the last clean. A 5 minute job and it was back working again. 

6-8A tail current is fine if the voltage is 14.2V+. Too many controllers drop the voltage too early though.

9 hours ago, Dr Bob said:

First thing to do when a power problem is suspected with an ebersparky thingy is to clean the blade fuse. Ours would cease to work around 18 months after the last clean. A 5 minute job and it was back working again. 

6-8A tail current is fine if the voltage is 14.2V+. Too many controllers drop the voltage too early though.

Agreed, and if you have an older such heater that uses torpedo euro fuses it would be more reliable if the fuse was changed for a blade one.