Patching cockpit cover.

sailor0500

Featured Posts

My cockpit cover has two small amounts of wear on the corners where it comes around the cabin sides. I want to reinforce the area before it splits. Can anyone suggest an adhesive and patching material that will work and where to buy the same. The cover seems to be some type of canvas covered in what looks like black PVC. Thanks in advance. Mike.

Just now, sailor0500 said:

My cockpit cover has two small amounts of wear on the corners where it comes around the cabin sides. I want to reinforce the area before it splits. Can anyone suggest an adhesive and patching material that will work and where to buy the same. The cover seems to be some type of canvas covered in what looks like black PVC. Thanks in advance. Mike.

Good question which I shall be following. Recently was caught on the top corner of my cratch cover by a bridge that jumped out from hiding behind a large weeping willow that filled the width of the cut!

20 minutes ago, sailor0500 said:

Most 'rubber boats' these days (the cheap ones) are manufactured in PVC.

If you look on ebay for a dinghy repair kit you will get the correct adhesive and patches.

• Greenie 1

14 minutes ago, MrsM said:

Good question which I shall be following. Recently was caught on the top corner of my cratch cover by a bridge that jumped out from hiding behind a large weeping willow that filled the width of the cut!

We had a similar issue with tunnel rash after not filling out water tank up before Gosty! I popped it into Wilson's at Kinver (during one of their non-bust periods) and had them add leather patches over the vulnerable corners and had it back same day - £15 iirc. Of course, we never scraped it again, but the leather bit looks good!  Other cover makers or sail makers will do the same or similar patch repair.

• Greenie 1

1 hour ago, sailor0500 said:

I had similar on my cratch cover. I too it to Kinver Canopies who sewed two patches over the holes for the very reasonable sum of £30 IIRC.

10 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

Strange question.

A model of the boat would be something that looks the same but is much much smaller, maybe on a scale of 50:1 for example.

If it was very accurate and finely detailed it might be a supermodel.

• Haha 1

O'h is watched MotD. One of the pundits just commented on a player's "whippage on his ball"! Now that's an image I cannot get out of my head! ? (Not being smutty - that was said on Match of the Day just after I saw the picture!)

Edited by MrsM
Mis-apostropheed
  • Horror 1