Made me smile

JJPHG

Featured Posts

12 minutes ago, zenataomm said:

What could possibly attract 14 positive reactions in 12 hours but have to be edited in order to be meaningless due to one member?

Hmmm? Was it political?

No, more than one member considered its language inappropriate. It depicted photographs of children using (via speech balloons) obscenities.

13 minutes ago, Stilllearning said:

Which has made the thread pointless.

That's right, yes.

Edited by Athy

For those who missed it, it depicted a cheerful teacher asking a class of children what they would hear if working on a boat.  The replies were:

"How the f*** do you expect me to access that?"

"F***!  Well, it's in the bilge now."

"Where the f***'s that water coming from?"

"I'm selling this piece of s**t".

I now feel very reassured that my memory hasn't started to go (yet).

• Greenie 1

Anyone who does any work on a boat needs at least one choice swear word that can be used when the situation demands it. Which it will. In the absence of the offending f word, may I suggest another f word. Futtocks. Sounds suitably obscene, is short and explosive in pronunciation  and has a nautical origin. Used in wooden sailing ship days for the individual timbers that made up the hull framing I believe.

Jen

Edited by Jen-in-Wellies
  • Greenie 1

for the first time in months, this morning I didn't find any thread that looked like it was of interest and had new content ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, except this one.

and then I find it has been neutered by the mods.

FUTTOCKS  !!    :angry:

Edited by Murflynn
  • Haha 2

46 minutes ago, Jen-in-Wellies said:

Anyone who does any work on a boat needs at least one choice swear word that can be used when the situation demands it. Which it will. In the absence of the offending f word, may I suggest another f word. Futtocks. Sounds suitably obscene, is hort and explosive in pronunciation  and has a nautical origin. Used in wooden sailing ship days for the individual timbers that made up the hull framing I believe.

Jen

Years ago I taught a boy called Daniel Fischbach. In the years since, I have found his surname to be a most serviceable expletive.

He would now be in his forties, and probably has no idea that his name has been taken in vain for so long.

1 hour ago, buccaneer66 said:

Billy Connelly house near Windsor was called Gruntfuttock Hall, renamed back to Forest Lodge now though.

He filched that from J Peasemold Gruntfuttock, from 'Round the Horne',  not only a funny show, but rather groundbreaking in that it featured a regular sketch involving two gay blokes. 'Julian and Sandy'.