Jump to content
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Edders

Working boats in Vietnam

Featured Posts

This looks dangerous. Watch the lady on the bow at about 5 minutes in.

 

Edited by Edders

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mrsmelly said:

Thats just how you used to handle JR1 and JR2 Tony 😁

Only at Fradley  Junction. 😉

  • Happy 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've seen a few of these, all seem to be shot at the same location somewhere on a distributary of the Mekong River, but I haven't been able to work out exactly where.

 

It looks like the boats are on a non-tidal channel and as the tide makes a level the gate is opened - of course fairly quickly the tide is higher than the channel and the current fair whizzes through the gap, making for a bit of white-knuckle boating as they go up against the current. 

 

I've never seen footage of them going the other way, but it may be there is another gate elsewhere in the dam

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, magpie patrick said:

 

 

I've never seen footage of them going the other way, but it may be there is another gate elsewhere in the dam

Between 4 and 7 minutes shows how they open the flood gate 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, magpie patrick said:

I've seen a few of these, all seem to be shot at the same location somewhere on a distributary of the Mekong River, but I haven't been able to work out exactly where.

 

It looks like the boats are on a non-tidal channel and as the tide makes a level the gate is opened - of course fairly quickly the tide is higher than the channel and the current fair whizzes through the gap, making for a bit of white-knuckle boating as they go up against the current. 

 

I've never seen footage of them going the other way, but it may be there is another gate elsewhere in the dam

There is another gate for vessels travelling the other way about 100 yards away.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ditchcrawler said:

Between 4 and 7 minutes shows how they open the flood gate 

 

That clearly shows several other gates open in the same structure - not something I'd seen in other footage

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, magpie patrick said:

I've never seen footage of them going the other way, but it may be there is another gate elsewhere in the dam

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.