Working boats in Vietnam

Edders

Featured Posts

I've seen a few of these, all seem to be shot at the same location somewhere on a distributary of the Mekong River, but I haven't been able to work out exactly where.

It looks like the boats are on a non-tidal channel and as the tide makes a level the gate is opened - of course fairly quickly the tide is higher than the channel and the current fair whizzes through the gap, making for a bit of white-knuckle boating as they go up against the current. 

I've never seen footage of them going the other way, but it may be there is another gate elsewhere in the dam

11 hours ago, magpie patrick said:

I've seen a few of these, all seem to be shot at the same location somewhere on a distributary of the Mekong River, but I haven't been able to work out exactly where.

It looks like the boats are on a non-tidal channel and as the tide makes a level the gate is opened - of course fairly quickly the tide is higher than the channel and the current fair whizzes through the gap, making for a bit of white-knuckle boating as they go up against the current. 

I've never seen footage of them going the other way, but it may be there is another gate elsewhere in the dam

There is another gate for vessels travelling the other way about 100 yards away.