Tipping RCR or not?

Fran

Featured Posts

Do boaters tip RCR engineers after a call out? If so how much would be considered a reasonable amount? I have done so in the past but forgot to when recently they replaced a starter motor for me.  I have been feeling a bit guilty since then.

No, I don't agree with tipping. - There's a lot of people who work equally as hard who do not or cannot receive tips. Whether it be someone on a supermarket checkout or a nurse. 

If they want more money they should put their prices up, or if they feel they don't get paid enough, perhaps find another employer!

• Greenie 2

Having spoken to a few of the good ones who have left RCR because of the long hours and low pay, on the rare occasion I get one who does a good job I do chuck an exrra tenner at them. If you get one of the contractors they pull in when their own employees aren't available, I don't usually as they're charging RCR their proper rate and probably on £70 an hour. The two who walked away leaving me stranded, and the pair who swore at the farmer where I moor, no.

Bit mixed, RCR engineers.