Why is my Multiplus constantly pushing current to my batteries?

cairanvanrooyen

Featured Posts

16 minutes ago, cairanvanrooyen said:

Are my temperature compensation settings OK?

You can work it out from here;

https://batteryuniversity.com/learn/article/charging_at_high_and_low_temperatures#:~:text=Heat is the worst enemy,degree Celsius rise in temperature.

https://batteryuniversity.com/index.php/learn/article/charging_the_lead_acid_battery

The charge temperature coefficient of a lead acid cell is –3mV/°C. Establishing 25°C (77°F) as the midpoint, the charge voltage should be reduced by 3mV per cell for every degree above 25°C and increased by 3mV per cell for every degree below 25°C. If this is not possible, it is better to choose a lower voltage for safety reasons. 

= 18mV deg C 

I would leave as is.

Edited by Loddon

For anyone that is interested, i reset the entire 12v system including Multiplus. The multiplus ran through its normal cycle of charging and settled down nicely, the charger settles down to 0-1A when there is no load and the batteries are at the right storage voltage.

v1.JPG

1 minute ago, nicknorman said:

Thanks for letting us know. So presumably there was a software glitch in the reporting of the output current from the Multiplus?

I am not sure yet what the issue was. I have purchased a tester as suggested and will use it to carry out some measurements in time.