North west hardstanding

Featured Posts

Hi all

been awhile since I was last on. Now have the boat at audlem but am struggling to find a marina or boatyard that allows diy maintenance. I’m a little shocked at some of the outrageous prices I have been quoted for a paint job. 
Can any one recommend a yard that allows hard standing

cheers shaun.

1 minute ago, saxplayer said:

Thank you Richard I will check it out 

From Canal Plan:

This is a trip of 49 miles, 2 furlongs and 14 locks from Audlem Wharf to Agden Bridge No 26.

This will take 21 hours and 19 minutes which is 3 days, 19 minutes at 7 hours per day.

From Audlem Wharf travel north on the Shropshire Union Canal (Birmingham and Liverpool Junction Canal - Main Line) for 6 miles, 2 furlongs and 5 locks to Nantwich Basin Entrance, then travel northwest on the Shropshire Union Canal (Chester Canal - Nantwich to Bunbury) for 3 miles, 1½ furlongs to Barbridge Junction, then travel northeast on the Shropshire Union Canal (Middlewich Branch) for 10 miles and 4 locks to Wardle Lock No 4, then travel east on the Trent and Mersey Canal (Wardle Lock Branch) for 1 furlong to Middlewich Junction, then travel northwest on the Trent and Mersey Canal (Main Line - Middlewich to Preston Brook) for 16 miles, 7¼ furlongs and 5 locks to Preston Brook, then travel north on the Bridgewater Canal (Preston Brook Branch) for 6½ furlongs to Preston Brook - Waters Meeting, then travel east on the Bridgewater Canal (Main Line) for 11 miles, 7¾ furlongs to Agden Bridge No 26.

1 hour ago, saxplayer said:

I’m a little shocked at some of the outrageous prices I have been quoted for a paint job. 
Can any one recommend a yard that allows hard standing

Anything around £100 per foot is about right for a standard topsides repaint.  If you want something fancy, double or triple that ...

I'd also say Aqueduct Marina or Hesford Marine from where you are.  

I'm not sure why @Richard10002 took you half a mile further on his canalplan link though! ;)

https://canalplan.uk/cgi-bin/canal.cgi?quickroute=yes&where=Audlem Wharf,Hesford Marine

This is a trip of 48 miles, 6¾ furlongs and 14 locks

• Haha 1