Slight bulge in Trojans

jenevers

Featured Posts

45 minutes ago, blackrose said:

Or is that another one of those canal boaters myths, like how steel quality was better in the old days? Surely battery technology and QC in manufacture would only have improved? Assuming we're talking about decent batteries. If we're talking about cheap batteries then I might agree.

I thought this in my sail only days, before canal boats.

6 minutes ago, jenevers said:

I’m disconnecting my solar controllers and checking the charge in the batteries every week. No power is being used on the boat during the winter so there’s no need to have the controllers in float mode.

Unless they are Lis how can you deal with self discharge? I suspect that you will find that you will have to  charge them in a month or two if you want to keep them all but fully charged.

6 hours ago, Tony Brooks said:

Unless they are Lis how can you deal with self discharge? I suspect that you will find that you will have to  charge them in a month or two if you want to keep them all but fully charged.

That’s what I’m going to do. I just think having them on permanent float has led to them deteriorating.

42 minutes ago, jenevers said:

That’s what I’m going to do. I just think having them on permanent float has led to them deteriorating.

As long as they do not get dry I think the main problem would be if the acid stratifies but then a couple of days of use and charging or a very short equalisation charge shoudl de-stratify it.