Boat safety & general repairs Napton area

meerdog

Featured Posts

10 hours ago, meerdog said:

Folk are often asking for BSC examiners and general help in the Napton, Stockton, Braunston & Rugby area. Give Russ a call I've known him over 10 years & thoroughly recommend him & the standard of his work. See link https://rfmarineservices.co.uk/

I have used him as well. Very nice bloke as well.

• 1 month later...

Perhaps should be in a separate topic, but is there huge variation in prices and quality of work depending on person/ boat yard/ region?

Some threads lead me to believe yes, others make it feel like it’s all quite standard (and relatively basic, not for me obviously, but compared with a new car).  I’ll need significant mechanical help in this area and can’t tell whether It’s better to use the small marina or the big boat yard? 

18 minutes ago, Plant_Lady said:

Perhaps should be in a separate topic, but is there huge variation in prices and quality of work depending on person/ boat yard/ region?

Some threads lead me to believe yes, others make it feel like it’s all quite standard (and relatively basic, not for me obviously, but compared with a new car).  I’ll need significant mechanical help in this area and can’t tell whether It’s better to use the small marina or the big boat yard? 

I think you need to talk to a lot of other boaters for their experiences. Everyone has jobs go wrong but of the two yards/marinas I have been in one I would suggest would do a far job for a fair price and the other I would advise avoiding if at all possible. I have used a third and was happy with their work as well but it was nothing major.