Woodseaves

haggis

Featured Posts

Just creeping through woodseaves cutting and the contractors are doing some serious pruning .it is a few years since we came this way and they were doing the same then. A bit like the Forth Road Bridge perhaps.

It is very atmospheric with the leaves drifting down. I know they get round the prop but it is very pretty when it rains leaves ?

Haggis

Edited by haggis

4 minutes ago, haggis said:

Just creeping through woodseaves cutting and the contractors are doing some serious pruning .it is a few years since we came this way and they were doing the same then. A bit like the Forth Road Bridge perhaps.

It is very atmospheric with the leaves drifting down. I know they get round the prop but it is very pretty when it rains leaves ?

Haggis

I love that place.

1 hour ago, cuthound said:

Nah, he moors on the Coventry Canal.

All monkey, I just shave regularly 

6 hours ago, haggis said:

Haggis

Autumn has definitely arrived this week, Brum is showing off its colours in style at the moment and it is stunning in places

Obviously that gives people something else to moan about but sod em :)

• Greenie 1
  • Haha 1

Leaves are the least bad thing to have on your prop, "chuck back" (a quick burst of reverse) soon sorts them out.

Lurching rather off topic... But I've been on boats which experienced wire, a backpack, a sofa cover, and several times the tow rope (my fault once!); all more problematic. My top tips for not being responsible for getting stuff round a prop are:

1. Avoid the BCN; the wire, backpack and sofa cover all happened there. Hard for the steerer to see them coming, it wasn't me steering anyway on each occasion, and I doubt I'd have spotted them, probably lurking below the surface.

2. If steering the motor when towing on a line, understand the technique of pulling the tow rope in promptly when stopping and get it right. The NBT has various people who are much better at that than me. Hence:

3. Be the butty steerer!

20 hours ago, Goliath said:

Is that where the Monkeyman is?

Something like that I’m sure. 
A halfman half monkey. 
Or is that Grubb Street ?

The man monkey is High Bridge in Grub street.

https://cryptidarchives.fandom.com/wiki/Man-monkey\

as featured in Fortean Times

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_pXl03njloLM/SkUS8dS8VsI/AAAAAAAABb8/ZcsBaRoQshE/s320/man+monkey.JPG

Edited by StephenA
  • Greenie 1
  • Horror 1

20 minutes ago, StephenA said:

The man monkey is High Bridge in Grub street.

https://cryptidarchives.fandom.com/wiki/Man-monkey\

as featured in Fortean Times

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_pXl03njloLM/SkUS8dS8VsI/AAAAAAAABb8/ZcsBaRoQshE/s320/man+monkey.JPG

Brilliant !

3 hours ago, Hudds Lad said:

still got their Trumpton Riots EP somewhere :D 

Would love to see them ?

Joy Division Oven Gloves and Restless Legs are just 2 of my favourites 

• Greenie 1