Kabola.

Jimmi craig

Featured Posts

2 hours ago, Jimmi craig said:

Need advice on a kabola drip feed boiler. Diesel is dripping out of the soot scraper. Can these be repaired or is a new one in order..

Does it not have a nut shaped tightener that you can give a slight turn which should seal it?

• Greenie 1

7 hours ago, Jimmi craig said:

Need advice on a kabola drip feed boiler. Diesel is dripping out of the soot scraper. Can these be repaired or is a new one in order..

Mine did that. I cured it by tightening the nut on the end. If it still leaks aftwr that the butyl rubber "O" ring needs replacing

6 hours ago, Tracy D'arth said:

Ask Kuranda in Whalley Bridge.

Kuranda will not sell a new "O" ring, only a complete scraper assembly. They advise wrapping the scraper in PTFE tape. According to the Refleks forum, (worth joining if you have any oil drip stove) replacement "O" rings can be obtained from agricultural merchants.

Edited by cuthound

14 minutes ago, Ex Brummie said:

As long as you have FAME free fuel, nitrile or butyl will be fine. However, if you have any bio fuel content, Viton is the only reliable option.

When I worked for BT we tested Nitrile rubber with biodiesel and found it unaffected up to a 10% bio content. Currently biodiesel commercially available has a 7% concentration.