Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
LEO

Boater cruising down River Severn

Featured Posts

Interesting video on FB, Narrowboat Owners Group of a boater cruising down River Severn at Framilode Passage...............there are some crazy peeps about. Sorry could not do link, but it's well worth a look.....

Not so dangerous so long as all you want to do is go with the flow. A bit more of a problem when you want to turn off the river or moor up.

When I say a bit more, I really mean ***WOAHHHHHHH OH SH*T OH SH*T OH SH*T***...

It's the first narrowboat to reach Monmouth, March 2019...

https://youtu.be/2yaUrinpWEw

They have some interesting videos on YouTube!

A return trip from Sharpness to Brockweir via the River Severn and the River Wye that didn't exactly go to plan!...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9pH3Ifu6HY

Edited by Dorlan

17 minutes ago, sharpness said:

He's going UP the Severn with the bore, he won't get in to Gloucester that way unless the bore is going to carry him up over Maisemore weir.

I thought that is what he did, straight over the top

54 minutes ago, sharpness said:

Rather him than me!!

We made it! Safely through Maisemore and over the weir with several feet of water underneath to spare, now moored in Tewkesbury, a few beers tonight in 'Spoon's and back to Sharpness tomorrow

Its a really good trip. Did it last year. Not on anarrow boat, but on a small open clinker built boat. Took the other side of the parting and went over Gloucester weir. 

15 hours ago, sharpness said:

He's going UP the Severn with the bore, he won't get in to Gloucester that way unless the bore is going to carry him up over Maisemore weir.

There is a video on their YouTube channel of coming up the channel by Gloucester lock, again over the weir on a high tide

• Greenie 2