Just a Rant

Drayke

Featured Posts

On the K & A at Bradford On Avon there is a section of towpath above the lock with a sign saying no mooring of widebeams but, you guessed it two narrow boats have moored breasted up on this section. Still I suppose  you could say its CRT fault for not putting on the sign, and only one narrow boat. Rant over.

Edited by F DRAYKE
Spelling is stook.
  • Greenie 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, F DRAYKE said:

On the K & A at Bradford On Avon there is a section of towpath above the lock with a sign saying no mooring of widebeams but, you guessed it two narrow boats have moored breasted up on this section. Still I suppose  you could say its CRT fault for not putting on the sign, and only one narrow boat. Rant over.

Bonkers innitt. So over 14 feet wide which is wider than the majority of widebeams. I spose its a pair of old knackers similar to the pair of old knackers breasted up on the bend 100 yards from here making it great fun for boaters...........not. Or is it two mates on newer boats that just like saving length alongside?

• Greenie 1

57 minutes ago, F DRAYKE said:

No, you can't blame CRT for inconsiderate boaters, it's blatantly obvious what is meant. Theres quite enough signs already, and possibly too many stupid boaters!

• Greenie 2

5 hours ago, F DRAYKE said:

Wouldn't be surprised to see more of this happening.

been to Bradford 7 times this year, and only once able to get on any visitor moorings.

They are pretty much all blocked by obvious liveaboards who are not visitors at all, and the 24/48 hr limit is a joke.