Cotswolds Canals Lottery win

Tim Lewis

Featured Posts

Just now, David Mack said:

But presumably doesn't include the bit of the Strudwater between the Gloucester and Sharpness and the Severn.

The link down to the Severn will not be restored due to the Severn being difficult to navigate from that point, or at least that was what I was told when I asked the CCT.

23 minutes ago, nebulae said:

The length of canal up to Brimscombe is phase 1a and 1b of the proposal to re-open the Thames and Severn and the Stroudwater Canals. This would link the Thames and Severn in an all canal link.

Not quite.

Phase 1a - Stonehouse to Brimscombe (Stroudwater and T&S)

Phase 1b - Saul to Stonehouse (Stroudwater)

Phase 2 - Lechlade to South Cerney (T&S)

Phase 3 - Brimscombe to South Cerney (T&S)

Phase 1 was originally for the Saul to Brimscombe section but was then split into two.

Apologies, posted the before reading your post properly again but will leave it as others might benefit.

Edited by IanM
Can't read!

• 4 weeks later...
On 19/10/2020 at 08:53, magpie patrick said:

They were, but there is a back story to this and in 2025 I might tell it

There's a lively account in the latest Trow (CCT newsletter) of the history of the Trust, in which Ken Burgin doesn't really mask his opinion of 2008-era BW! Worth reading.

6 minutes ago, Richard Fairhurst said:

There's a lively account in the latest Trow (CCT newsletter) of the history of the Trust, in which Ken Burgin doesn't really mask his opinion of 2008-era BW! Worth reading.

Best one I have had for a long time, an interesting read