New flue for stove

Featured Posts

I’m having to replace the top of the Stovax Brunel stove and therefore need to remove the 15 year old steel flue.

The current flue is angled and I think it would be better to have an offset in it to make it “squarer” into the collar.

Is it acceptable to use vitreous enamelled pipework as used in home wood burners.

Something like This as an offset and then a straight pipe up to the collar?

51 minutes ago, steve hayes said:

I’m having to replace the top of the Stovax Brunel stove and therefore need to remove the 15 year old steel flue.

The current flue is angled and I think it would be better to have an offset in it to make it “squarer” into the collar.

Is it acceptable to use vitreous enamelled pipework as used in home wood burners.

Something like This as an offset and then a straight pipe up to the collar?

I needed a bit more offset than that, so used two 45 degree elbows and a bit of pipe between to give the offset I required.  This was about 10 years ago, and best practice is now to not have elbows of more than 30 degrees. But that is best practice and not a regulation.

Edited by Chewbacka
  • Happy 1