Youtube Video finding

TheBiscuits

Featured Posts

Right, I need help.

I'm looking for a video that I saw on Youtube a few months ago, but can't find again.

It was filmed (but not necessarily posted) on the 19th October 2016 at around 3pm at Eanam Wharf in Blackburn in Lancashire during the L&L Bicentenary / 200th anniversary cruise, and it was filmed by a random bystander, not an active boater.

Their main focus was on the Thwaites drayhorses pulling a cart with one of the celebration beers on it, and of the presentation (on the front of L&L shortboat Kennet) with the Mayor of Blackburn.

Part way through the film they turn round and get a clip of Copperkins II crashing into the bank so it doesn't completely gatecrash the ITV news crew filming the presentation, and a chap who I strongly suspect is @PeterScott leaps off the bow with a line, skewing the boat sideways across the canal.

I was there at the time, but not filming.  I remember I saw the film earlier this year on youtube, because I thought it would be a great addition to the "On this day" thing that Peter has contributed so much to.  Obviously I'd like to have a link to that video on or before the 19th of this month so I can do an "on this day" post myself.

If anyone can find it, I'm prepared to offer beer (or cash transfers!) to the first one to give me the link.

37 minutes ago, David Mack said:

There's some shots of Peter steering Copperkins II here, but no crashing into the bank.

No, it's a couple of minutes before that shot.

They didn't realise the cameras were rolling, and they valiantly tried to not gatecrash the Mayor's presentation.

I was stood right where the boat crashed into the bank to stop, and they waited until the segment was in the can before setting off again.  You can see them pulling away from the towpath towards the centre of the canal in their first appearance in that video at 1:56.

Nice shot of @Pluto at 1:44 as well!

There's quite a bit of TV magic time alteration in that video, but it's still the bit before that that caught my attention - I just didn't realise it was Peter at the time!