How do they go so slowly?

Wanderer Vagabond

Featured Posts

27 minutes ago, Loddon said:

Passing in a tunnel can be interesting ;)

I've done it in Blisworth in the "new" section, the other steerer wasn't impressed.

I overtook a boat in Wast Hill Tunnel a couple of years ago. He waved me past but I wasn’t sure how it would go. It was a bit of a struggle.

Much more fun to pass in opposite directions at full speed.

We had one on oxford summit last week , oblivious to the fact their prop was doing nothing and they couldnt steer. A heady 1/2 mph. Jumped off at bridge ( they were up the mud no steering) told them to check prop. Then hopped back on and went past. They were probably still by the radio masts when we went down napton.

On 27/10/2020 at 20:18, Wanderer Vagabond said:

I think he had already been in receipt of a number of 'honest opinions' from the boats behind him in the tunnel. ;) I have to say that would be my worst nightmare, taking an hour and a half to get through a tunnel that shouldn't really take much more than 40 minutes whilst sucking in diesel fumes all the way:sick:.

I had it through Waste Hill, tickover and neutral 

I once had a hire boat overtake the boat I was towing, just before a bridge hole. He decided there wasn't room to pass me before the bridge as well, so tried to pull in between us. Trouble is I was using 50ft of line, he was about 60ft long, we all got extremely well wedged! Plenty of time to explain the error of his ways to him too.