Well Creek, Upwell Middle Level

nbfiresprite

Featured Posts

21 minutes ago, nbfiresprite said:

Car blocking channel, 100 yards downstream of the Five Bells Bridge.  

Another one, eh? I'd estimate that this happens about once a year.

It says a lot about your priorities that you call it the "Five Bells Bridge" and not the "Church Bridge".:D

2 minutes ago, Athy said:

Another one, eh? I'd estimate that this happens about once a year.

It says a lot about your priorities that you call it the "Five Bells Bridge" and not the "Church Bridge".:D

Everyone knows the Five Bells Pub, If I said Church bridge, the next question would be which church? Did wonder if it was you coming back from the brewery with the car loaded with beer to get you through the pending next lockdown?

14 minutes ago, nbfiresprite said:

Everyone knows the Five Bells Pub, If I said Church bridge, the next question would be which church? Did wonder if it was you coming back from the brewery with the car loaded with beer to get you through the pending next lockdown?

I damn' well hope not - I don't drive.

There is only one church in Upwell, so that question wouldn't arise. Local people refer to the Church Bridge.

1 minute ago, nbfiresprite said:

Most boaters know it as the Five Bells after the pub.

I hae ma doots - after all, there aren't many boaters around ask, especially at this time of year.

The Five Bells was closed and signless for (I'd guess) over two years. Now you'll tell me that it was called "Dead Pub Bridge" at that time.

24 minutes ago, TheBiscuits said:

Is that St Peter's Church Upwell or Upwell Methodist Church? :P

Having been brought up non-conformist, I class that as a chapel.

So, at present in Upwell, there's a 54-foot Springer on the bank and a car in the navigation channel. We don't always get things quite right round here.