Community safety boat

Spinderella

Featured Posts

11 minutes ago, Spinderella said:

Anyone come across this guy and what are your thoughts about this"private enterprise"?

The principle is good but it doesn't look to be an ideal boat for carrying accident victims.

Surely better to carry a first aid kit, blankets, etc and then await the emergency services. What if she had injuries to her spine or head ?

30 minutes ago, Spinderella said:

Anyone come across this guy and what are your thoughts about this"private enterprise"?

Thoughts?

Who asked him to do it?

What are his qualifications?

What are his insurance arrangements? especially if transporting 'casualties'

Is it just a personal hobby horse?

30 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

The principle is good but it doesn't look to be an ideal boat for carrying accident victims.

Surely better to carry a first aid kit, blankets, etc and then await the emergency services. What if she had injuries to her spine or head ?

As a First Aider; if she has been correctly assessed then there is no problem carrying her.

From what I understand it must all be above board, he is sponsored by Tesco you know?

And we all know how canals are at the heart of their business. 

Most of the network is commonly utilised as an extension of their trolley park.

3 hours ago, Mike on the Wey said:

Keeps a daily log ... I know the type!

No matter how sad keeping the log may be, it is going to be a source of information with regard to cycling problems (if any) dog fouling etc

I am sure that often those who could do something about some of the problems don't because they don't accept anecdotal evidence.

I must say when I came across the guy on the Facebook group I couldn't believe somebody has set himself up as a private police force to patrol that section of canal. Might set myself up to police the upper trent and the adjacent bit of the Trent and Mersey ???

1 minute ago, Spinderella said:

I must say when I came across the guy on the Facebook group I couldn't believe somebody has set himself up as a private police force to patrol that section of canal. Might set myself up to police the upper trent and the adjacent bit of the Trent and Mersey ???

You'd have a field day with cyclists through Nottingham.

48 minutes ago, Goliath said:

An Interfering Busybody

Should spend his time catching proper criminals. 
Twit. 

There are those that would say cycling under a bridge without dismounting and on the phone are proper criminals... (As one who's wife is constantly on about police chasing people who break the speed limit, "why don't they chase proper criminals")

As are licence evaders (whether Narrow boats, Canoes or whatever...)

And, if done properly (anyone remember when PCSO's were referred to as "plastic policemen"?) mean PCSO's can chase the slightly more serious criminals which leave the Police slightly more time to pursue Robbers, Rapists, Drug Dealers and Murderer's...

In fact, we have three PCSO's in North Milton Keynes near the Grand Union; perhaps suggest we get Trevor and Sabrina a real PCSO police launch...?

I enjoy living a life with minimal officialdom. 
Last thing I want to see is a copper cruising up and down the cut. 
I guess it’s all good publicity for those involved. 
And he gets to play at Bay Watch. 

I’m not hiding away from owt and I don’t get up to owt I shouldn’t be getting up to. 
Like the vast majority of people, I behave myself. 

When/If I need help from the law I have their phone number. 

The woman who fell off her bike? Tough. 
She’s learned a lesson. 

2 minutes ago, Goliath said:

I enjoy living a life with minimal officialdom. 
Last thing I want to see is a copper cruising up and down the cut. 
I guess it’s all good publicity for those involved. 
And he gets to play at Bay Watch. 

I’m not hiding away from owt and I don’t get up to owt I shouldn’t be getting up to. 
Like the vast majority of people, I behave myself. 

When/If I need help from the law I have their phone number. 

The woman who fell off her bike? Tough. 
She’s learned a lesson. 

The problem isn't those of us who "don't get up to owt" it's those who do that is the problem.

With regard to the law I much prefer them to try to do something long before it happens and I have to contact them.

Apart from the rather sad log (which may actually prove helpful at times) he doesn't seem to be doing anything that a reasonable "man on the Clapham omnibus" wouldn't do.  That is draw not picking up dog mess to the dog owner etc.

38 minutes ago, Jerra said:

The problem isn't those of us who "don't get up to owt" it's those who do that is the problem.

With regard to the law I much prefer them to try to do something long before it happens and I have to contact them.

Apart from the rather sad log (which may actually prove helpful at times) he doesn't seem to be doing anything that a reasonable "man on the Clapham omnibus" wouldn't do.  That is draw not picking up dog mess to the dog owner etc.

Yes of of course it’s ‘them that do’ that’re the problem. I agree. 

I tell you though, this bloke’s been given a boat to play in and he’s on a jolly.  

It’d be more eco friendly to have him walk his beat and engage with the perps on the towpath. 
He don’t need a boat. 
Walking the towpath he could present a caring and friendly manner,  pointing out mistakes and educating folk about their errors in life.  

I believe it’s called a ‘travois’. 

A make shift travois using branches and a tramps bed. Then drag it with them on it. 

I suppose one could stretch to a bicycle for this bloke. He could then put the ladies on his cross bar. 

Or, on the rare occasion of it happening on his patch, he could ring the emergency services and let them take care of it.