Boatsitter available

FlowerGirl

Featured Posts

Personally I'd feel much more comfortable leaving my boat unattended along the towpath, which I've done many times without incident, than have someone unknown to me 'look after it'. 

Having said that, I hope you find people who don't feel the same way. 

39 minutes ago, Goliath said:

FFS

Give the OP a chance

I have done, FFS!  I respectfully asked her to tell us something about herself, wished her well in her search and welcomed her to the forum. What more do you want?

Howard

• Greenie 3

39 minutes ago, Goliath said:

Well, FFS, with great respect, why should the OP tell you owt?

Unless you’re interested,

Then PM them. 

Why have to give a CV on the first post FFS

I asked her in the spirit of being helpful, i have no interest personally. We'll just have to differ.

Howard

4 hours ago, howardang said:

With great respect, I am not sure that anyone will respond positively unless at least you give some details about yourself and your experience of boats. You are asking a lot for someone to trust a total stranger to live on your boat without a lot more knowledge of their background and knowledge of boats. Good luck in your search, however, and welcome to the forum.

Howard

Even more so at this time of year, with stoves, potential battery issues, etc.

5 hours ago, Goliath said:

OP,

There was a member on here who used to sit boats.

Lived in Holland I think. 
He’d be over here for months on end. 
Met him once on the K&A. 

So it possible to boat sit. 

Yes a nice chap, helped us with some stunning curtain patterns.

On 09/10/2020 at 12:06, howardang said:

With great respect, I am not sure that anyone will respond positively unless at least you give some details about yourself and your experience of boats. You are asking a lot for someone to trust a total stranger to live on your boat without a lot more knowledge of their background and knowledge of boats. Good luck in your search, however, and welcome to the forum.

Howard

Exactly my thoughts.

Bod

Good morning all! ?

Now to put those of you whose minds are racing read on if you have time? 

Thank you first all of you for the warm welcome - nothing less would I expect from the boating community. It took a lot of courage to post the minimal text in the first instance so thank you for your understanding. I have only ever posted once on forums like this.. to buy a bike!

Secondly I’m more of a sunflower bringing sunshine and joy wherever I go not to mention the many seeds I sow of good fortune and peace. 

My desire is to help anyone being as practical and sincere as I can be & this would be evident if anyone wished to PM me. I thank Goliath for your kindness in particular in wishing to give me a chance and being so open hearted. In these challenging times we all need help comfort and peace!

I have just finished serving others much more vulnerable than me and am in need of a home and work. I have my hands full right now as some of you may be able to imagine hence my overdue reply ? 

I’m not irresponsible in anyway and neither do I enter into anything in a lighthearted manner.

The limited background I wish to post openly here: that my great grandparents and grandparents worked and lived on the canals. 

If anyone wishes to genuinely PM me then please do. 

May you always bring a ray of hope and sunshine into someone else’s day. ? 

• Greenie 3
  • Happy 1

2 hours ago, FlowerGirl said:

Good morning all! ?

Now to put those of you whose minds are racing read on if you have time? 

Thank you first all of you for the warm welcome - nothing less would I expect from the boating community. It took a lot of courage to post the minimal text in the first instance so thank you for your understanding. I have only ever posted once on forums like this.. to buy a bike!

Secondly I’m more of a sunflower bringing sunshine and joy wherever I go not to mention the many seeds I sow of good fortune and peace. 

My desire is to help anyone being as practical and sincere as I can be & this would be evident if anyone wished to PM me. I thank Goliath for your kindness in particular in wishing to give me a chance and being so open hearted. In these challenging times we all need help comfort and peace!

I have just finished serving others much more vulnerable than me and am in need of a home and work. I have my hands full right now as some of you may be able to imagine hence my overdue reply ? 

I’m not irresponsible in anyway and neither do I enter into anything in a lighthearted manner.

The limited background I wish to post openly here: that my great grandparents and grandparents worked and lived on the canals. 

If anyone wishes to genuinely PM me then please do. 

May you always bring a ray of hope and sunshine into someone else’s day. ? 

Welcome Flower Girl.  Some of the regulars just don't realise how intimidating this forum can be for many. 

Do you have a minimum period you'd boat-sit for?  And an area in mind?  Presumably you wouldn't travel hundreds of miles for an overnight sit?  Do you want payment for this?  I know of a boatsitter who I trust who just loves boats and will sit for free as a sort of cheap holiday for him.  He's also great with pets.

How are you with cats and dogs?

• Greenie 1

Hi Dora it’s good to hear from you. I really am fairly flexible! I’m currently trying to assess the lay of the land here in the North near Leeds and my parents are in the north west not a million miles from The Anderton Boat Lift. Maybe best we PM each other with details, once I work out how to PM that is, perhaps best you PM me first? ?