Silly signs

Dan1981

Featured Posts

42 minutes ago, Murflynn said:

seen on the back of an articulated truck in the 1970's:

CAUTION

LIVESTOCK 40 FEET LONG

:o       ooh err, guv'nor     :banned:

Perhaps an early attempt at importing hormone injected beef from tzhe US of A? ??

4 minutes ago, Machpoint005 said:

Strictly speaking, they didn't (3m more people voted for Hillary Clinton) but owing to the vagaries of the electoral college system, one got elected.

Well if we are doing pedantry.

No mention was made of a majority.

The statement stands because citizens of the US did in fact vote for Trump.

2 minutes ago, The Happy Nomad said:

>>Well if we are doing pedantry<<

..then "the citizens" implies all of them. Which they didn't.

Meanwhile back somewhat nearer to the original topic, I can't be the only boater who is waiting to be asked, when on a service mooring "Will you be long?"

The answer (in our case) is "About 48ft 6in".

3 hours ago, Murflynn said:

CAUTION

LIVESTOCK 40 FEET LONG

Long, even for a reticulated python!

https://www.livescience.com/34444-biggest-snake-largest-snake-longest-snake.html

14 minutes ago, Machpoint005 said:

Well no because all of them are not entitled to vote so that went without saying.

Edited by The Happy Nomad

24 minutes ago, Machpoint005 said:

Meanwhile back somewhat nearer to the original topic, I can't be the only boater who is waiting to be asked, when on a service mooring "Will you be long?"

The answer (in our case) is "About 48ft 6in".

Long, even for a reticulated python!

https://www.livescience.com/34444-biggest-snake-largest-snake-longest-snake.html

It did not say 'the citizens' but merely 'citizens', clearly implying just some of them. (proportion unspecified)

• Haha 1
  • Angry 1

Just now, Athy said:

Er, no.

Were that the case, no one would vote.

Forgive me Sir.

It should of course been.

'Not all of them are entitled to vote'.

I'll write it out 100 times.

5 minutes ago, The Happy Nomad said:

Forgive me Sir.

It should of course been.

'Not all of them are entitled to vote'.

You are, of course, correct.

As you have realised the error of your ways, no further action will be taken.

1 minute ago, Murflynn said:

and if you tie 4 pens together and do it in quadruplicate you will be awarded another 300 lines.

I tried that wheeze once, on one of the rare occasions that, as a schoolboy, I did anything wrong.

frankly, it was so blasted cumbersome that it would have been quicker to use just the one pen.

15 minutes ago, Athy said:

I tried that wheeze once, on one of the rare occasions that, as a schoolboy, I did anything wrong.

frankly, it was so blasted cumbersome that it would have been quicker to use just the one pen.

I did that - tied five pens together - got as far as "I must not deliberately push" (times 5) then realised the sentence I'd been given to write was longer than one line so I needed to leave alternate lines blank for the rest of the sentence. Gave up and did it longhanded...

• Greenie 1

2 minutes ago, 1st ade said:

I did that - tied five pens together - got as far as "I must not deliberately push" (times 5) then realised the sentence I'd been given to write was longer than one line so I needed to leave alternate lines blank for the rest of the sentence. Gave up and did it longhanded...

These teachers aren't as daft as they look, you know.

1 minute ago, Athy said:

These teachers aren't as daft as they look, you know.

I'll give him credit - he handled it in an educational fashion (I think I was seven at the time).

He looked at me, smiled and said "can you see a problem with your way?"

"No...... Oh..... yes"

"Now start again and do it properly"

• Greenie 1

1 hour ago, Mike Todd said:

It did not say 'the citizens' but merely 'citizens', clearly implying just some of them. (proportion unspecified)

?

Erm - either you are right, or my computer has inserted the word "the" in post no.204. Go on, have another look.

On 21/10/2020 at 08:50, doratheexplorer said:

I've never moored there, because I simply can't work out where the visitor mooring is supposed to be.

My point exactly

A new posting, nothing to do with the above

107338600_2628691137232519_3684269686670617143_n.jpg?_nc_cat=1&ccb=2&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=ZwfKGsFPxW0AX8fHyFH&_nc_ht=scontent-lht6-1.xx&oh=55417b0526a9dd1e6d00ba40c5575b46&oe=5FB59BDF

Edited by ditchcrawler
  • Greenie 2
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, Goliath said:

My Favourite ?

Reminds me of the old adage: "Meetings should comprise an odd number so that decisions can be made by majority vote. But remember that three's a crowd" 

Perhaps democracy should be replaced by benevolent dictatorship - the only problem is who decides what is 'benevolent'?

16 minutes ago, Mike Todd said:

Reminds me of the old adage: "Meetings should comprise an odd number so that decisions can be made by majority vote. But remember that three's a crowd" 

Perhaps democracy should be replaced by benevolent dictatorship - the only problem is who decides what is 'benevolent'?

may I propose Justin, the Vagabond, Churchie and the WC.   they are all opinionated and clearly ready to dictate but I'm not quite sure about the benevolence factor in the cases of more than one of them.

Edited by Murflynn
  • Haha 1