Silly signs

Dan1981

Featured Posts

On 17/10/2020 at 23:09, David Mack said:

One for each side of the works presumably.

Or the narrowboat we hired years ago which had "Goldfinch I" on one side and "Goldfinch II" on the other. Presumably there's a sister boat the other way round, and they were both painted moored up end-to-end at the same time...

On 16/10/2020 at 17:17, ditchcrawler said:

Can anyone please explain what this one means at Cuckoo wharf as I can't get my head around it

smallDSCF4586.jpg

About 13 years ago an Enforcement Officer (they talked to you then) said we shouldn't be there. We pointed to that sign. He couldn't understand it either.

• Happy 1
  • Haha 1

spacer.pngspacer.png

spacer.pngSilly signs making extra silliness. ... Have seen the basic cill-marker sign causing a new boater ascending a lock to keep the bow touching the cill - sometimes, but not always, a sensible plan. This sign was a paper version because the plastic one needed screwing-on and that needed listed-building consent from the local authority, which collected together twenty-three similar applications to produce its own silly sign. They kindly responded to my letter explaining why my contribution had been copied into each of the twenty-three files, and no doubt considered twenty-three times before granting the twenty-three permissions.

• Greenie 1
  • Horror 1

Saw a silly T-shirt worn by a lady today:

DO NOT READ THE NEXT SENTENCE.

Yes, I'm a rebel too.

On 19/10/2020 at 17:11, pearley said:

About 13 years ago an Enforcement Officer (they talked to you then) said we shouldn't be there. We pointed to that sign. He couldn't understand it either.

That says more about the intelligence of the EO than anything else.

14 hours ago, matty40s said:

Barcelona 2020, 2 days before they had their first mainland Covid case...

20201020_173640.jpg

What did this shop sell? A load of rubbish, I suppose, not unlike most shops in tourist areas of Spain.

On 19/10/2020 at 17:11, pearley said:

I've never moored there, because I simply can't work out where the visitor mooring is supposed to be.