Silly signs

Dan1981

Featured Posts

11 minutes ago, PeterScott said:

spacer.png

When I moved to the Nantwich area in the mid-'80s, when things were a bit iffy, I thought that at least I am in a nice rural area that won't be of any interest to the Russians.   Little did I know that there was a nuclear bunker just outside the town that was set up to be the seat of regional government in the event of nuclear war.  Fully operational into the '90s I believe.  They might have thought it was secret, but I bet there was a Russian ICBM with its location programmed in.

2 hours ago, dor said:

When I moved to the Nantwich area in the mid-'80s, when things were a bit iffy, I thought that at least I am in a nice rural area that won't be of any interest to the Russians.   Little did I know that there was a nuclear bunker just outside the town that was set up to be the seat of regional government in the event of nuclear war.  Fully operational into the '90s I believe.  They might have thought it was secret, but I bet there was a Russian ICBM with its location programmed in.

There's an even more explicit "Secret Nuclear Bunker" sign on one of the motorways, can't remember where but I bet the Russians can...

Interesting sign erected by the EA on or village bridge crossing the river Hundred the first is what you see from the road. smallIMG_20201028_144350.jpg

the second is what you see when you hang out over the handrail risking falling in.

smallIMG_20201028_144359.jpg

Edited by ditchcrawler
  • Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, buccaneer66 said:

Seen on twitter this morning.

image.png.782c282b8f37a8b2bb1970fae43b2ae4.png

When I lived in the states I visited Mormon country in Pennsylvania. I went to Intercourse and French Lick but didn't get to Climax............ bizarre. 

Edited by Felshampo

2 hours ago, David Mack said:

On the other hand, a village in Austria has got sick of people photographing its sign, and is changing its name:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/nov/26/fugging-hell-tired-of-mockery-austrian-village-changes-name

2235.jpg?width=445&quality=85&auto=forma

"Sometimes striking lascivious poses for social media".

Oh go on, you're kidding.

We all like to take the mick out of the Graun, but that's a very good little piece of reporting.

Edited by Athy

• 2 weeks later...