Silly signs

Dan1981

Featured Posts

3 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I wish you hadn't shown me that so soon after I'd paid my licence...! :banned:

Its not aimed at licence payers. Its there for freeloaders, especialy cyclists who contribute nowt to anything other than basic taxes so they know which way to go to be completely flat for the longest distance ?

• Unimpressed 1

2 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

Its not aimed at licence payers. Its there for freeloaders, especialy cyclists who contribute nowt to anything other than basic taxes so they know which way to go to be completely flat for the longest distance ?

But they can see the locks!   I am now worrying about blind cyclists on towpaths.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Jerra said:

But they can see the locks!   I am now worrying about blind cyclists on towpaths.

Blimey, its me thats blind, I hadnt seen the balance beams in the piccie till after your post ?

6 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

No Tim, but us licence payers have bloomin' well paid for that sign. 

2 minutes ago, Jerra said:

Now I am worrying about you on the towpath!    No perhaps not.

You are safe. The missus does the locks and I stay on the boat ( Her choice ) I hasten to add!!

1 minute ago, Sea Dog said:

No Tim, but us licence payers have bloomin' well paid for that sign. 

Naaah, Sustrans will have coughed up :rolleyes:

31 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

Its not aimed at licence payers. Its there for freeloaders, especialy cyclists who contribute nowt to anything other than basic taxes so they know which way to go to be completely flat.

Some would be improved by being in that position.

Just now, Kendorr said:

This cyclist also pays for his boat license every year and, through his taxes, pays for the general upkeep of everything the government choose to use the money on.

Yeah we know, very good, so do I but we all pay extra for stuff we use, even anglers but cyclists pay diddly squatt to anything and in wet weather for instance destroy towpath surfaces in many locations.

indeed another useless sign which, like many others will become defunct, as per this recent item in the national press

RIDERLESS bicycles free of dangerous knobheads in lycra will soon be a reality, scientists believe. 

Artificial intelligence will soon make the sanctimonious, above-the-law tossers currently mounted atop bicycles a thing of the past.

A spokesman said: “The ecological ideal of the self-operating bike, free of the tit in the saddle, once seemed the stuff of science fiction.

Our riderless bike will not run red lights, stays off the pavement, respects other road users and never provokes arguments which it later self-righteously posts on YouTube.

blue touch paper now smoldering...

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, Philip Hooton said:

indeed another useless sign which, like many others will become defunct, as per this recent item in the national press

RIDERLESS bicycles free of dangerous knobheads in lycra will soon be a reality, scientists believe. 

Artificial intelligence will soon make the sanctimonious, above-the-law tossers currently mounted atop bicycles a thing of the past.

A spokesman said: “The ecological ideal of the self-operating bike, free of the tit in the saddle, once seemed the stuff of science fiction.

Our riderless bike will not run red lights, stays off the pavement, respects other road users and never provokes arguments which it later self-righteously posts on YouTube.

blue touch paper now smoldering...

Point of order!!!!!! Plenty of the knobheads dont wear lycra.

2 minutes ago, Jen-in-Wellies said:

CaRT claim that a quarter of their income is from boaters, so we paid for one side of that sign. If you look very carefully there is a mooring bollard icon on the side facing the water to let you know there are mooring bollards there, just in case you haven't seen them, what with them being painted white. The far side no doubt says "Away From the Locks" as @Bod reckons. The left hand side says "To the Water, Where It Is Better By".

They missed a trick, 'cause the top doesn't say "To the Ground" and buried in the concrete it might not say "To the Sky".

Jen

I'm annoyed i didn't take photos from all angles now!

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Kendorr said:

This cyclist also pays for his boat license every year and, through his taxes, pays for the general upkeep of everything the government choose to use the money on.

freeloader cyclist here... I dont need that sign... must be for pedestrians... :)

Edited by restlessnomad
  • Greenie 1