" Season "

mrsmelly

Featured Posts

2 hours ago, dor said:

So you watched that programme last night too.

No? The reason is that when I went to see the surgeon who was going to do my op last time I was in his room at the Churchill and this 12 year old boy was explaining to me the options re my kidney tumours etc etc and what could be done. I was looking round the room for his Dad to appear before realising he was the surgeon :o

However when I actualy went down for the op I had the senior bod who was not much younger than me :D

1 minute ago, mrsmelly said:

No? The reason is that when I went to see the surgeon who was going to do my op last time I was in his room at the Churchill and this 12 year old boy was explaining to me the options re my kidney tumours etc etc and what could be done. I was looking round the room for his Dad to appear before realising he was the surgeon :o

However when I actualy went down for the op I had the senior bod who was not much younger than me :D

My dentist is a 12 year old girl!

• Haha 1

As what is now a hobby boater, I do think of the period from mid March to the end of October as my boating season. The other four months I just check it every now and then but have no intention to potter off.

The phrase has always been used to cover the main hire boat season, from Easterish to Autumnish. I don't see it as a problem. The way things are going, CRT calling it an open or closed season isn't going to make any difference to the fact that half the system will be unusable at any one time, due to water shortages, floods, lock failures, bank breaches and the odd bridge collapse.

37 minutes ago, Arthur Marshall said:

The phrase has always been used to cover the main hire boat season, from Easterish to Autumnish

The Autumnish date (for hire boats) is due to the October half term school holiday, last week in October.

5 hours ago, Rob-M said:

We have a boating season, it runs from Jan 1 until Dec 31.

Us too, but I find it more difficult now that many of the most useful 48 hour moorings change to 14 days in the winter. When the weather turns bad and the days are short, finding such places continually occupied can be a real downer.

• Greenie 1

19 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Us too, but I find it more difficult now that many of the most useful 48 hour moorings change to 14 days in the winter. When the weather turns bad and the days are short, finding such places continually occupied can be a real downer.

Yes, a bad move. Ccing is a lifestyle choice that should not impact on boats with a mooring more heavily in winter than in summer. 

• Greenie 1