More 14 day moorings lost soon??

matty40s

Featured Posts

Where the Weedon 14 day , disabled access mooring, and Winter moorings are sited has already had a new housing complex built on one side.

The farm and land opposite has now been sold and given outline planning permission for a new estate. 

This isnt as far as the new bridge, but the gated access to that field on the western side of the railway has been improved and widened as part of the bypass works, so no doubt will also be viable housing land due to the relaxation in planning regs under this .gov

Smoky boats, ban them.

Weedon-Bec-Concept-Masterplan.jpg

Its the law of bypasses.

We need a bypass.

fill in within perimeter of bypass, with tacky boxes.

extend beyond bypass, as tory landowners demand and are granted planning.

O god we need a bypass 

Repeat

Thats why southam is now such a shambles.

I recon weedon will be in newnham fairly soon.

Of course now high st is no longer A45 off you go build build build.

Time to move.

• Love 1

7 minutes ago, roland elsdon said:

Time to move.

Oh, come on, with the Daventry Conservation officer not allowing your next door neighbor to add any bricks unless they are colour matched to the 3 or 4 used in your cottages, never mind add an extension, you are pretty much safe where you are.

I remember concoform marine had a sign up years ago "if you don't like working boatyards don't buy a new house opposite here and complain about it".

I expect people did though, and the sign was probably taken down.

12 hours ago, roland elsdon said:

Its the law of bypasses.

We need a bypass.

fill in within perimeter of bypass, with tacky boxes.

extend beyond bypass, as tory landowners demand and are granted planning.

O god we need a bypass 

Repeat

Thats why southam is now such a shambles.

I recon weedon will be in newnham fairly soon.

Of course now high st is no longer A45 off you go build build build.

Time to move.

All Johnson did as mayor was expedite all contentious planning and overnight London became a huge building site, and Uxbridge is going the same way.

When new houses were built south of Nantwich next to the canal I asked CRT if they intended to restrict mooring as they had done a bit higher up when new properties were built.  I was assured that it wouldn't happen, and so far, after a few years, it hasn't.

Incidentally, I asked CRT  a few years ago why mooring was banned on the embankment where the new houses had been built.  The answer was tat it was done in W's day and they didn't have a record of why and weren't inclined to change it.

The local word was that a bolshy lawyer bought one of the properties and threatened BW with legal action because boats were mooring up and overlooking his property.  BW, as was their wont at the time, chose not to challenge him and so a good stretch of visitor mooring was lost.

14 hours ago, magnetman said:

I remember concoform marine had a sign up years ago "if you don't like working boatyards don't buy a new house opposite here and complain about it".

I expect people did though, and the sign was probably taken down.

spacer.png

2 hours ago, dor said:

The local word was that a bolshy lawyer bought one of the properties and threatened BW with legal action because boats were mooring up and overlooking his property.  BW, as was their wont at the time, chose not to challenge him and so a good stretch of visitor mooring was lost.

Perhaps the canal is at such a level that boaters overlook the bedrooms of the houses? This is why mooring is banned in the embankment at Ansty, and it seems reasonable, though I suppose the householders could just draw their curtains.

16 minutes ago, Athy said:

Perhaps the canal is at such a level that boaters overlook the bedrooms of the houses? This is why mooring is banned in the embankment at Ansty, and it seems reasonable, though I suppose the householders could just draw their curtains.

You don't suppose the developers missed seeing the canal when they built the houses do you.

• Haha 1