Snob boaters

Izz

Featured Posts

3 hours ago, doratheexplorer said:

You mean white, surely?

Richard Ive, a car dealer and [road] hire fleet operator whom I knew during my Sussex days, used the term "hairdresser red" to denote a particularly garish and flamboyant shade of that colour. Whether he invented the expression I don't know. Ah, here comes one now.

HAIRDRESSER CAR.jpg

Edited by Athy

22 hours ago, Mad Harold said:

Never heard of Farrow and Ball,so I Googled them.A colossal range of colours,but no Hearing Aid Beige.

They are a posh brand. They do a beige but they would call it something like "tradesmans entrance door creme"

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, mark99 said:

They are a posh brand. They do a beige but they would call it something like "tradesmans entrance door creme"

The inside of our boat is painted in Farrow and Ball, can't remember what the colours are called though. It is often on sale in homebase and wife gets staff discount as well so didn't work out too pricey.

1 minute ago, Rob-M said:

The inside of our boat is painted in Farrow and Ball, can't remember what the colours are called though. It is often on sale in homebase and wife gets staff discount as well so didn't work out too pricey.

I bought some and coated some furniture. Seemed good quality with good film thickness.

10 minutes ago, mark99 said:

Don't be silly, that's far too descriptive for a F&B colour name.  It suggests a pale brown colour.

"Unicorn's Toenail" would be more like it ...

On 12/10/2020 at 17:12, ditchcrawler said:

My dad had a Skoda which I borrowed to go to Gloucester in. While I was there it snowed heavily. Easily matched the posh motors and more coming home on snow covered roads. Rear wheel drive with rear engine and not too much power it went bloody well

Passed a Ferrari in my 2CV uphill in the snow one winter. It was soooo good.

Edited by wandering snail
  • Greenie 1

4 minutes ago, wandering snail said:

Passed a Ferrari in my 2CV uphill in the snow one winter. It was soooo good.

I had a "highly tuned" Triumph GT6 in the 70s, I was going up a hill once when a 2CV passed me. I was amazed, because my foot was to the floor, until after it was ahead I could see the other 6 cylinders of a big American V8 hanging out of the back. But I bet it couldn't do corners as well as I could!.

• Happy 1