Snob boaters

Izz

Featured Posts

4 hours ago, Machpoint005 said:

Or time in parsecs?

I have an article somewhere on silly units.  Atto is a prexix that means 10^-18.  So if you have a population of 10^-18 boys, that is 1 attoboy. That was one of the better ones. I can't find the book.   

On 05/10/2020 at 17:22, Izz said:

A snotty shiny boater just gave me and my boat the right stink eye, then came over with a look on his face like someone was holding a turd under his nose and asked if I was staying long.

I told him I'll stay as long as I like.

If you're one of these types, I hope your area gets invaded by a horde of real hardcore water gyppos from London who are A LOT less polite and quiet than I am!

Thanks for reading.

Isobel.

We have had the polar opposite this latest couple of weeks with people on "pikey" boats assuming we are going to be snobby until we have spoken too and had drinks with them. 

It works both ways ?

• Greenie 4

3 hours ago, Tracy D'arth said:

Not relative to the sun.   Floyd worked it out, there is a Dark Side Of The Moon.

There is no dark aside of the moon really. As a matter of fact it’s all dark.

ETA:  TPF roadie (allegedly).

Edited by dor

10 minutes ago, Ex Brummie said:

I have a 'cruising shirt', padded check, lumberjack style. When we set out in July for a holiday cruise, at the first lock we came to, a lady off a shiny boat coming up looked and said "so you're a liveaboard then?"

I get that all the time. Cut off frayed jeans, Cropredy tee shirt and wellingtons give the game away a bit.

7 minutes ago, Tracy D'arth said:
20 minutes ago, Ex Brummie said:

I have a 'cruising shirt', padded check, lumberjack style. When we set out in July for a holiday cruise, at the first lock we came to, a lady off a shiny boat coming up looked and said "so you're a liveaboard then?"

I get that all the time. Cut off frayed jeans, Cropredy tee shirt and wellingtons give the game away a bit.

It's not the clothes. It's that they smell faintly of diesel. ?

Smelling faintly of diesel is not the prerogative of people who live on boats, unless it lingers longer, it’s the aftershave of lister.
Almost everyone who questions us assumes we live aboard. 
we don’t though we did for 28 years.

Maybe it’s the look of people who boat a lot.

When we did live aboard my boss at my last job never knew. I would turn up suit and tie every day, he never realised until one day when he walked past the boat.

I never realised he lived in Stoke Golding either.

1 hour ago, David Mack said:

Surely its wedge shaped. Proper cheese is always wedge shaped.?

Proper cheese is cylindrical.

Fact.

2 hours ago, Tracy D'arth said:

Fun injection required.

1 hour ago, Tracy D'arth said:

But not from you, apparently? :D

Science is fun.

Engineering is interesting.

Music is life (or vice versa).

2 hours ago, Scholar Gypsy said:

I have an article somewhere on silly units.  Atto is a prexix that means 10^-18.  So if you have a population of 10^-18 boys, that is 1 attoboy. That was one of the better ones. I can't find the book.   

Does it include furlongs per fortnight (the FFF system)?

2 hours ago, Ex Brummie said:

I hope you felt suitably honored to be considered a real boater 

17 hours ago, Scholar Gypsy said:

I'm 5 femto-light-fortnights tall ?

23 hours ago, Scholar Gypsy said:

You don't get much of a boy for that amount!

On 08/10/2020 at 12:22, Scholar Gypsy said:

Oh dear, I am going to have to upgrade my Excel spreadsheet that I use to compute speeds from a series of readings (time, lat, long) from the digital log on my phone (Mxmariner).  At the moment I am assuming the earth is a perfect sphere ....

All together now  -  "The Earth is an Oblate Spheroid"?

Howard

• Greenie 1

19 minutes ago, howardang said:
On 08/10/2020 at 12:22, Scholar Gypsy said:

Oh dear, I am going to have to upgrade my Excel spreadsheet that I use to compute speeds from a series of readings (time, lat, long) from the digital log on my phone (Mxmariner).  At the moment I am assuming the earth is a perfect sphere ....

All together now  -  "The Earth is an Oblate Spheroid"?

Howard

The only things that are perfect spheres are cows.