Snob boaters

Izz

Featured Posts

14 minutes ago, tree monkey said:

Odd things twiglets, after many years I'm still not sure if I like them, but I soon get to the end of the bag

I know what you mean.

The worst is a big bag. I look at it thinking "I've not got to eat all of those have I"?

So I buy 6 pack small bags ........... trouble is I eat all 6 in one go sometimes!

• Greenie 1
  • Haha 1

The worst/best snack for me was Waitrose  'mignons morceaux' which were basically heavily garlic'ed croutons.

They were so darn more-ish - very difficult to stop eating - only 30 mins after demolishing, I stunk of garlic and mouth felt wrecked. As well as ruined taste buds for 6 hours. Not to mention burps!

They have been discontinued.... fortunately I think.

Edited by mark99
  • Greenie 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, mark99 said:

The worst/best snack for me was Waitrose  'mignons morceaux'.

Trust Waitrose to get the agreement right: pure class, unlike the supermarket who sold "Petit Pois" as if you got only one.

33 minutes ago, tree monkey said:

Odd things twiglets, after many years I'm still not sure if I like them, but I soon get to the end of the bag

They always make me think of that Mr Bean New Year's Eve party episode where he has to improvise his snacks ?

• Greenie 1

1 hour ago, tree monkey said:

29 minutes ago, Ange said:

They always make me think of that Mr Bean New Year's Eve party episode where he has to improvise his snacks ?

DONT mention marmite!..?.Oh no?..I just MENTIONED marmite...?I did it AGAIN!!?

• Greenie 1
  • Happy 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, tree monkey said:

In your case, wouldn’t that be cannibalism?......?

• Greenie 1
  • Happy 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, NB Esk said:

In your case, wouldn’t that be cannibalism?......?

Only if they were made out of monkey, monkeylets?

20 minutes ago, Leggers do it lying down said:

DONT mention marmite!..?.Oh no?..I just MENTIONED marmite...?I did it AGAIN!!?

Ok I won't mention it, lush though it is

2 hours ago, Arthur Marshall said:

Horrible, wasn't it? I hadn't seen it before, thank gods. It's why I don't watch vlogs. I deny all responsibility for idiots - I got into enough trouble for a song about Parry!

Me too. That's why I've taken up the trumpet.

yeah his voice is horrible... but you (or somebody with your pic and name) has commented on the video.

Well now... as the proud owner of Lord Byron's Maggot I can explain all. I ran a Ceilidh band for years and found the tune in a book of dances. It's slow and rather dull, and so seemed apt when i was renaming the boat (which was previously rather boringly called Aragorn). Anyway, the alternative was the dance tune on the next page, which was called Lady Windermere's Dump.

Edited by restlessnomad
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, restlessnomad said:

yeah his voice is horrible... but you (or somebody with your pic and name) has commented on the video.

Well now... as the proud owner of Lord Byron's Maggot I can explain all. I ran a Ceilidh band for years and found the tune in a book of dances. It's slow and rather dull, and so seemed apt when i was renaming the boat (which was previously rather boringly called Aragorn). Anyway, the alternative was the dance tune on the next page, which was called Lady Windermere's Dump.

Good grief. I must have obliterated from my memory, luckily. I presume some on here or FB must have pointed it out to me as I don't actually trawl the web looking for mentions of me. I really don't remember ever having seen it before, and I am now going to forget it again, even if it takes the other bottle...

• Greenie 1

47 minutes ago, restlessnomad said:

I might re-name my boat Lady Windermere's Dump!

Just to get back to the original topic and before my battery dies! (and sorry Izzy!:P)...The waterways are used by many different people,in many different ways.If a person cant accept that,they wont enjoy them to their fullest,as they will be reminded of what they dislike on a daily/weekly basis.So there's not much point them being on the waterways in the first place!?....

Edited by Leggers do it lying down
grammar