Snob boaters

Izz

Featured Posts

1 minute ago, Izz said:

This is most interesting. I'm hurting inside if I don't bow my head and give way to a blatantly abusive individual who believes his social standing entitles him to treat 'lesser boaters' like something he's scraped off his shoe?

What a gaslighting, sociopathic, horrifically narcissistic reply. Honestly, that is staggering.

I'm so glad I'm not married to you.

Please pass my condolences to your missus if you have one. 

A lot of utterly putrid personalities have decided to expose themselves in this thread, but your response takes the cake. 

Snob.

I dont even have a boat... lol...

come on, show us your boat

5 hours ago, Izz said:

A snotty shiny boater just gave me and my boat the right stink eye, then came over with a look on his face like someone was holding a turd under his nose and asked if I was staying long.

I told him I'll stay as long as I like.

If you're one of these types, I hope your area gets invaded by a horde of real hardcore water gyppos from London who are A LOT less polite and quiet than I am!

Thanks for reading.

Isobel.

You seem a very judgmental person. And not very nice.

Edited by nicknorman
  • Haha 1

Just now, nicknorman said:

You seem a very judgmental person. And not very nice.

I'm a lovely, very friendly, very non-judgemental person.

The same cannot be said about a lot of the seething snobs who've replied here.

If I was new to the cut and I read the replies here, I'd think boaters were a bunch of absolute arse holes.

• Greenie 2
  • Haha 1
  • Horror 1

6 minutes ago, restlessnomad said:

I dont even have a boat... lol...

come on, show us your boat

So you can stick your nose up, even though I have a boat and you haven't?

My boat isn't the best, but it's far from the worst. I don't need to justify myself to snobs.

3 minutes ago, blackrose said:

Yes I have to agree with nickorman. I don't think I'm a putrid personality, a seething snob or an arsehole, but you're not coming across very well yourself Isobel.

I don't expect to come across well to nasty snobs, and I'm fine with that.

Just now, Izz said:

So you can stick your nose up, even though I have a boat and you haven't?

My boat isn't the best, but it's far from the worst. I don't need to justify myself to snobs.

you are overusing the word snob...

there is nothing wrong in liking a beautiful object and disliking an ugly one...

and I find overwhelming majority of the narrow boats I see(small and big) beautiful... so am definitely not a snob.

1 minute ago, Izz said:

I don't expect to come across well to nasty snobs, and I'm fine with that.

I’m rather thinking you are either drunk, or suffering from a psychotic episode. I suppose it is possible that you are just naturally a really nasty obnoxious person, but I’m prepared to give you the benefit of the doubt.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, restlessnomad said:

you are overusing the word snob...

there is nothing wrong in liking a beautiful object and disliking an ugly one...

and I find overwhelming majority of the narrow boats I see(small and big) beautiful... so am definitely not a snob.

But you're the one who was insistent on judging me by what my boat looks like.

Total snob.

Just now, Izz said:

Total snob.

I am certainly not judging you by what you boat looks like - partly because I have no idea. I am however judging you by your conduct on here and if I may give you a hint, you ain’t going to get a prize for it.

• Greenie 2

Just now, Izz said:

Total snob.

I am not judging you, I have not posted anything about your character yet...

am purely trying to judge whether your boat is ugly or not(so much so that it offended the eyes of shiny boater)

Just now, nicknorman said:

I’m rather thinking you are either drunk, or suffering from a psychotic episode. I suppose it is possible that you are just naturally a really nasty obnoxious person, but I’m prepared to give you the benefit of the doubt.

You're suffering from a narcissistic episode, because I've demonstrated I won't be bullied by snotty nosed elitists who want to gentrify the cut.

You've taken that very personally.

• Greenie 1

9 minutes ago, Arthur Marshall said:

ETA I also do wonder if some of the responses would have been quite so extreme if the OP had been male....

I was wondering exactly the same.

We've shared locks with a few snobs, a retired army general type, some little property tycoons, a multi-millionaire,  ready to sink springers, and a bloke on a plastic cruiser who didn't even have a windlass (one of our best trips ever, we spent several days doing a river together), as long as they are real boaters we will likely find something in common.

................Dave

• Greenie 4

I do think it would help if the OP described the situation a bit more.. Why would a boater approach another in the way described without possible provocation.. Getting the impression the post was a bit of a rant.. Maybe to elicit the responses so far.. Now seems that anyone who responds in this thread is being labelled a snob??? 

• Greenie 2

2 minutes ago, dabchic23 said:

I do think it would help if the OP described the situation a bit more.. Why would a boater approach another in the way described without possible provocation.. Getting the impression the post was a bit of a rant.. Maybe to elicit the responses so far.. Now seems that anyone who responds in this thread is being labelled a snob??? 

so you are one of fence sitters.... 

snob!!!

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, restlessnomad said:

so you are one of fence sitters.... 

snob!!!

No.. Merely interested in the facts!! Think we often can judge people/situations from first appearances.. I would not automatically assume anything about another boater from how shiny or not their boat is.. Very sad if you fall into that trap! 

• Greenie 2

11 minutes ago, dabchic23 said:

I honestly did nothing. You should have seen the fella when he approached me. Pure hate in his eyes.

He didn't know me from Adam. I'm friendly to everyone, but this fella clocked me and had no interest in being anything but hostile.

Like the membership here it seems.

Thank goodness 99% of boaters are better people than this thread suggests.

• Greenie 1

7 minutes ago, Izz said:

I honestly did nothing. You should have seen the fella when he approached me. Pure hate in his eyes.

He didn't know me from Adam. I'm friendly to everyone, but this fella clocked me and had no interest in being anything but hostile.

Like the membership here it seems.

Thank goodness 99% of boaters are better people than this thread suggests.

I wouldn’t worry about it

His problem

Love the phrase ‘stink eye’

Not sure I’ve heard that

Might practice doing one
Then when I next meet a stink eye

We can stink eye each other out