Snob boaters

Izz

Featured Posts

50 minutes ago, Izz said:

A snotty shiny boater just gave me and my boat the right stink eye, then came over with a look on his face like someone was holding a turd under his nose and asked if I was staying long.

I told him I'll stay as long as I like.

If you're one of these types, I hope your area gets invaded by a horde of real hardcore water gyppos from London who are A LOT less polite and quiet than I am!

Thanks for reading.

Isobel.

I guess it depends on where you are moored. It would be interesting what he has to say about you and your attitude.

• Greenie 4

1 hour ago, Izz said:

A snotty shiny boater just gave me and my boat the right stink eye, then came over with a look on his face like someone was holding a turd under his nose and asked if I was staying long.

If you're one of these types, I hope your area gets invaded by a horde of real hardcore water gyppos from London who are A LOT less polite and quiet than I am!

Thanks for reading.

Isobel.

I'm not a great fan of the Cristian "love your enemy" stuff but the world is a better place if you can avoid dishing out as much as you get in.  Ideally, just thinking your reaction rather than saying it, or, as here, publishing it, would be nice.

• Greenie 1

2 hours ago, Izz said:

Thanks for reading.

Isobel.

Ther's nothing against having a shiny boat- doesn't it just show pride in ownership? It would be interesting to hear more details., because you seem to have reacted strongly to his question so had something else happened to bring on his bad attitude?

Howard

Edited by howardang
  • Greenie 2

1 hour ago, Izz said:

Thanks for reading.

Isobel.

I hope you don't meet any boaters who worked the narrowboats for a living.

They resent the term "Water gypsies." 

It is insulting to call them by that name.

Thank you.

• Greenie 1

This reminds me of last trip on the Thames. Forget the lock, but thereis a 'boat tap' and a smaller 'can tap' A 'flying bridge ' came out of the lock, I was on the tap and was asked "will you be long?" I replied "about 5 Mins" whereupon he went into reverse and I pointed to a narrowboat opposite who had waited patiently. The Lady on the cruiser wondered why he wasn't on the 'can tap' (60ft boat, 35ft mooring.) I suggested she may want that facility. Her reply was lost in the revving of 2 very noisy engines as the cruiser took off.

3 hours ago, Alan de Enfield said:

What makes you think you have the right to moor where you like for as long as you like ?

Do the rules not apply to you ?

You should know by now, that the rules do not apply to members of the NBTA. who's motto is 'Moor where we like, as long as we like'

• Haha 1

And so the massive sense of humour failures rumble on, with utter predicability.....

Just now, dor said:

Maybe the "shiny boater" wanted to know how long you were stopping as he thought they might invite you over for a drink later ...

I suspect he would have got short shrift....?